Sep 7, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
One area the Philadelphia Flyers could use help is on defense and they’re looking to address that in training camp.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reports the Flyers have invited veteran blue liner Hal Gill to camp on a tryout. The 38-year-old, 6’7″ defenseman spent the past season and a half with the Nashville Predators. Previous to that he’s played for Montreal, Pittsburgh, Toronto, and Boston.
In his run with the Preds last season, Gill averaged just over 13 minutes per game as a third-pair defenseman. In 32 games he had no points, 12 penalty minutes, and was a minus-3.
One thing Gill has been good at in his career is actually playing defense and that’s what has to be appealing to Philly. If he’s got anything left, he could help out.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)