Sep 7, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
One area the Philadelphia Flyers could use help is on defense and they’re looking to address that in training camp.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reports the Flyers have invited veteran blue liner Hal Gill to camp on a tryout. The 38-year-old, 6’7″ defenseman spent the past season and a half with the Nashville Predators. Previous to that he’s played for Montreal, Pittsburgh, Toronto, and Boston.
In his run with the Preds last season, Gill averaged just over 13 minutes per game as a third-pair defenseman. In 32 games he had no points, 12 penalty minutes, and was a minus-3.
One thing Gill has been good at in his career is actually playing defense and that’s what has to be appealing to Philly. If he’s got anything left, he could help out.
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 58
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 164
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (164)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)