Sep 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Brandon Gormley has a shot at playing for the Phoenix Coyotes this season, according to general manager Don Maloney.
As per Craig Morgan of FOX Sports Arizona, Maloney said there is no doubt the 21-year-old Gormley will be playing for the Coyotes at some point this season.
Gormley, the Coyotes’ first-round pick, 13th overall, in the 2010 NHL Draft, spent all of last season with the Portland Pirates in the American Hockey League.
The young defenseman had some very decent numbers, too, scoring five goals and 29 points in 68 games.
The Coyotes also appear to be changing their plans when it comes to 26-year-old Mark Louis.
As per numerous reports, the Coyotes will be converting Louis, originally a defenseman, to the wing.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (57)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)