Sep 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Brandon Gormley has a shot at playing for the Phoenix Coyotes this season, according to general manager Don Maloney.
As per Craig Morgan of FOX Sports Arizona, Maloney said there is no doubt the 21-year-old Gormley will be playing for the Coyotes at some point this season.
Gormley, the Coyotes’ first-round pick, 13th overall, in the 2010 NHL Draft, spent all of last season with the Portland Pirates in the American Hockey League.
The young defenseman had some very decent numbers, too, scoring five goals and 29 points in 68 games.
The Coyotes also appear to be changing their plans when it comes to 26-year-old Mark Louis.
As per numerous reports, the Coyotes will be converting Louis, originally a defenseman, to the wing.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5