Sep 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Brandon Gormley has a shot at playing for the Phoenix Coyotes this season, according to general manager Don Maloney.
As per Craig Morgan of FOX Sports Arizona, Maloney said there is no doubt the 21-year-old Gormley will be playing for the Coyotes at some point this season.
Gormley, the Coyotes’ first-round pick, 13th overall, in the 2010 NHL Draft, spent all of last season with the Portland Pirates in the American Hockey League.
The young defenseman had some very decent numbers, too, scoring five goals and 29 points in 68 games.
The Coyotes also appear to be changing their plans when it comes to 26-year-old Mark Louis.
As per numerous reports, the Coyotes will be converting Louis, originally a defenseman, to the wing.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)