Sep 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Brandon Gormley has a shot at playing for the Phoenix Coyotes this season, according to general manager Don Maloney.
As per Craig Morgan of FOX Sports Arizona, Maloney said there is no doubt the 21-year-old Gormley will be playing for the Coyotes at some point this season.
Gormley, the Coyotes’ first-round pick, 13th overall, in the 2010 NHL Draft, spent all of last season with the Portland Pirates in the American Hockey League.
The young defenseman had some very decent numbers, too, scoring five goals and 29 points in 68 games.
The Coyotes also appear to be changing their plans when it comes to 26-year-old Mark Louis.
As per numerous reports, the Coyotes will be converting Louis, originally a defenseman, to the wing.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 6
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 14
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)