Sep 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Brandon Gormley has a shot at playing for the Phoenix Coyotes this season, according to general manager Don Maloney.
As per Craig Morgan of FOX Sports Arizona, Maloney said there is no doubt the 21-year-old Gormley will be playing for the Coyotes at some point this season.
Gormley, the Coyotes’ first-round pick, 13th overall, in the 2010 NHL Draft, spent all of last season with the Portland Pirates in the American Hockey League.
The young defenseman had some very decent numbers, too, scoring five goals and 29 points in 68 games.
The Coyotes also appear to be changing their plans when it comes to 26-year-old Mark Louis.
As per numerous reports, the Coyotes will be converting Louis, originally a defenseman, to the wing.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)