Sep 7, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Flyers prospect Scott Laughton is hoping to leave a bigger, better impression on the team this year.
Laughton, the team’s 2012 first-round pick, had a five-game audition with the team last season. While he didn’t earn a point before being sent back to junior hockey, he tells Sarah Baicker of CSNPhilly.com he believes he’ll show why he shouldn’t go back this year.
“[I’m] definitely more confident, more comfortable,” he said. “I think I’m better in the offensive zone, definitely, and I think I’ve stuck with the defensive game — I’m not cheating the puck or anything like that. I think staying on the offensive side, I’ve been better for sure.”
What should help Laughton’s confidence even more is the fact GM Paul Holmgren believes he’s got the best shot to make the team out of camp.
Last season, Laughton had 56 points and 79 penalty minutes in 49 games for the OHL’s Oshawa Generals. That kind of output is well-rounded for junior hockey and makes him seem to be an ideal kind of guy for the Flyers.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)