Sep 7, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Flyers prospect Scott Laughton is hoping to leave a bigger, better impression on the team this year.
Laughton, the team’s 2012 first-round pick, had a five-game audition with the team last season. While he didn’t earn a point before being sent back to junior hockey, he tells Sarah Baicker of CSNPhilly.com he believes he’ll show why he shouldn’t go back this year.
“[I'm] definitely more confident, more comfortable,” he said. “I think I’m better in the offensive zone, definitely, and I think I’ve stuck with the defensive game — I’m not cheating the puck or anything like that. I think staying on the offensive side, I’ve been better for sure.”
What should help Laughton’s confidence even more is the fact GM Paul Holmgren believes he’s got the best shot to make the team out of camp.
Last season, Laughton had 56 points and 79 penalty minutes in 49 games for the OHL’s Oshawa Generals. That kind of output is well-rounded for junior hockey and makes him seem to be an ideal kind of guy for the Flyers.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (94)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)