Sep 7, 2013, 9:25 AM EST
The Washington Capitals are now officially ready to start the season.
The team announced they’ve re-signed restricted free agent forward Marcus Johansson to a two-year, $4 million deal. He was the final player the Caps had to get inked to a deal before the start of training camp.
Johansson has emerged as a key player for the Caps as he found a home on the left wing of the first line alongside Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Ovechkin. That trio got things going when Ovechkin found his stride midway through the year on his way to a MVP-winning season. Johansson finished the year with six goals and 22 points.
This season, he’ll break camp hoping to keep his spot on that top line while also upping his offensive output.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Making his debut on Chicago’s blue line tonight.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
The two lead Philly to a Stanley Cup final appearance in 1997.
Nov 20, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Surpasses his 2013-14 goal total.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:58 PM EST
Has his 11th of the season.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Was playing in the AHL at the time of the trade.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Luke Schenn will take the pre-game skate.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Meanwhile, Adam Clendening will make his NHL debut tonight vs. Calgary.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
The Canadiens are stockpiling blueliners, it seems.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Former teammates at Lake Superior State University, traded for each other.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:13 PM EST
“Mr. Voynov maintains his innocence and looks forward to clearing his name in court. We remain confident.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
“I don’t even remember who we play the next game.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:43 PM EST
Faces up to nine years in prison.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
The information was out there, the league argues.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
A look at two of the NHL’s most intriguing coaching situations.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
Are the Leafs married to mediocrity?
Nov 20, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
No makeup date announced yet.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 20, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
But the guy head coach Jon Cooper really wants back is Victor Hedman.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Prized free agent signing has just one goal in 17 games.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Nine of 10 against teams that made the playoffs last season.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 1
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 27
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)