Sep 6, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The return of National Hockey League rookie camps has brought back one of the most polarizing aspects of the game, and that is fighting.
On Friday, Paxton Leroux, a noted pugilist during his days in the Ontario Hockey League and now taking part in the Traverse City Prospects Tournament with the New York Rangers, dropped the gloves with Buffalo Sabres prospect Justin Kea.
The fight occurred after Kea threw a dangerous hit from behind on a Rangers player during a play for the puck along the corner boards.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)