Sep 6, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The return of National Hockey League rookie camps has brought back one of the most polarizing aspects of the game, and that is fighting.
On Friday, Paxton Leroux, a noted pugilist during his days in the Ontario Hockey League and now taking part in the Traverse City Prospects Tournament with the New York Rangers, dropped the gloves with Buffalo Sabres prospect Justin Kea.
The fight occurred after Kea threw a dangerous hit from behind on a Rangers player during a play for the puck along the corner boards.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 20
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 37
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20