Sep 6, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The return of National Hockey League rookie camps has brought back one of the most polarizing aspects of the game, and that is fighting.
On Friday, Paxton Leroux, a noted pugilist during his days in the Ontario Hockey League and now taking part in the Traverse City Prospects Tournament with the New York Rangers, dropped the gloves with Buffalo Sabres prospect Justin Kea.
The fight occurred after Kea threw a dangerous hit from behind on a Rangers player during a play for the puck along the corner boards.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54