Sep 6, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
The return of National Hockey League rookie camps has brought back one of the most polarizing aspects of the game, and that is fighting.
On Friday, Paxton Leroux, a noted pugilist during his days in the Ontario Hockey League and now taking part in the Traverse City Prospects Tournament with the New York Rangers, dropped the gloves with Buffalo Sabres prospect Justin Kea.
The fight occurred after Kea threw a dangerous hit from behind on a Rangers player during a play for the puck along the corner boards.
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 6
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63