Sep 6, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
From The Detroit News:
Sergei Fedorov’s financial manager, who allegedly swindled the former Red Wings star out of $43 million, was indicted this week by a federal grand jury in connection with a fraud scheme involving phony Saudi Arabian oil deals.
Instead of investing the money, Grosse Pointe Shores resident Joseph Zada allegedly spent more than $20 million bankrolling a lavish lifestyle, including extravagant parties, luxury vehicles and homes in Florida and Michigan, according to the indictment.
Fedorov, 43, was not the only who was allegedly wronged by Zada. There were apparently “more than 20 people who invested,” according to the indictment.
“It’s been a trying and difficult ordeal that Joe Zada put him through but right now I’d say he is doing well,” Fedorov’s lawyer, Brendan Frey, told the newspaper today. “He is glad to see Joe finally indicted.”
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9