Sep 6, 2013, 10:48 AM EST
The Golden Brett is returning to St. Louis.
Brett Hull, the Blues’ all-time leading goalscorer, will be hired as the club’s new vice president next week, according to multiple reports.
Hull, 49, spent 11 years with St. Louis from the late 80s to late 90s, posting some of the greatest scoring seasons in NHL history.
His 86 goals in 1990-91 still stands as the third-highest single game total in NHL history — that year, he also became the first Blue to ever capture the Hart Trophy as league MVP.
Hull also captained the club from 1992-95 but infamously left the organization to sign in Dallas in 1998, rejecting St Louis’ contract offer because it didn’t include a no-trade clause.
Fifteen years later, he’s back.
This will mark Hull’s second front office gig post-retirement, having previously worked for Dallas in executive vice president and alternate governor roles.
Hull had his No. 16 retired by the Blues on December 5, 2006, and was enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2009.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)