Sep 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Hockey Canada announced today that, on Oct. 8, it will unveil and launch the jerseys that the country’s men’s, women’s and sledge hockey teams will wear at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
The timing of the announcement may be telling, given yesterday’s purported leak. And it’s worth noting that Hockey Canada did not deny the sweater worn by Jonathan Toews below is one of the official ones.
Reviews for the jersey have been mixed; however, it’s got at least one fan in Canadian golfer Graham DeLaet.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 0
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 2
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 14
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 45
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)