Sep 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Hockey Canada announced today that, on Oct. 8, it will unveil and launch the jerseys that the country’s men’s, women’s and sledge hockey teams will wear at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
The timing of the announcement may be telling, given yesterday’s purported leak. And it’s worth noting that Hockey Canada did not deny the sweater worn by Jonathan Toews below is one of the official ones.
Reviews for the jersey have been mixed; however, it’s got at least one fan in Canadian golfer Graham DeLaet.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 3
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)