Sep 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Hockey Canada announced today that, on Oct. 8, it will unveil and launch the jerseys that the country’s men’s, women’s and sledge hockey teams will wear at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
The timing of the announcement may be telling, given yesterday’s purported leak. And it’s worth noting that Hockey Canada did not deny the sweater worn by Jonathan Toews below is one of the official ones.
Reviews for the jersey have been mixed; however, it’s got at least one fan in Canadian golfer Graham DeLaet.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)