Sep 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Hockey Canada announced today that, on Oct. 8, it will unveil and launch the jerseys that the country’s men’s, women’s and sledge hockey teams will wear at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
The timing of the announcement may be telling, given yesterday’s purported leak. And it’s worth noting that Hockey Canada did not deny the sweater worn by Jonathan Toews below is one of the official ones.
Reviews for the jersey have been mixed; however, it’s got at least one fan in Canadian golfer Graham DeLaet.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63