Sep 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Hockey Canada announced today that, on Oct. 8, it will unveil and launch the jerseys that the country’s men’s, women’s and sledge hockey teams will wear at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
The timing of the announcement may be telling, given yesterday’s purported leak. And it’s worth noting that Hockey Canada did not deny the sweater worn by Jonathan Toews below is one of the official ones.
Reviews for the jersey have been mixed; however, it’s got at least one fan in Canadian golfer Graham DeLaet.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)