Sep 6, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
It looks like two more unrestricted free agents are heading for Europe. The Kloten Flyers of the Swiss league has announced the signings of forward Peter Mueller and defenseman Jim Vandermeer.
Mueller was taken by the Phoenix Coyotes with the eighth overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and early on he showed a lot of promise with 22 goals and 54 points in 81 games as a rookie, but at the age of 25, that’s still his career high.
A big part of the issue with Mueller is his injury history. He missed all of the 2010-11 campaign and a large chunk of the following season because of concussion problems. He was relatively healthy last season with the Florida Panthers, but managed just eight goals and nine assists in 43 games.
Vandermeer, 33, found himself in the minors last season, recording 10 points and 66 penalty minutes in 34 games with the AHL Chicago Wolves. He’s a physical blueliner with 105 points and 664 penalty minutes in 461 career NHL games with the Philadelphia Flyers, Chicago Blackhawks, Calgary Flames, Coyotes, Edmonton Oilers, and San Jose Sharks.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)