Sep 6, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
It looks like two more unrestricted free agents are heading for Europe. The Kloten Flyers of the Swiss league has announced the signings of forward Peter Mueller and defenseman Jim Vandermeer.
Mueller was taken by the Phoenix Coyotes with the eighth overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and early on he showed a lot of promise with 22 goals and 54 points in 81 games as a rookie, but at the age of 25, that’s still his career high.
A big part of the issue with Mueller is his injury history. He missed all of the 2010-11 campaign and a large chunk of the following season because of concussion problems. He was relatively healthy last season with the Florida Panthers, but managed just eight goals and nine assists in 43 games.
Vandermeer, 33, found himself in the minors last season, recording 10 points and 66 penalty minutes in 34 games with the AHL Chicago Wolves. He’s a physical blueliner with 105 points and 664 penalty minutes in 461 career NHL games with the Philadelphia Flyers, Chicago Blackhawks, Calgary Flames, Coyotes, Edmonton Oilers, and San Jose Sharks.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)