Sep 6, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
Another key executive is leaving Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Today, the parent company of the Leafs (and Raptors and Toronto FC and Marlies) announced the resignation of Tom Anselmi, Chief Operating Officer.
You may recall Anselmi from when Brian Burke was fired by the Leafs in January. (Anselmi, then the president and COO, was the one who said Burke’s “tone and voice” was the driving factor behind the decision.)
Anselmi’s departure shouldn’t come as a huge shock after Tim Leiweke was hired to lead the company in April.
“The entire organization, including our ownership group, is grateful to Tom for his many contributions to the success of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment over the years,” said Leiweke in a statement.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)