Sep 6, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
Another key executive is leaving Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Today, the parent company of the Leafs (and Raptors and Toronto FC and Marlies) announced the resignation of Tom Anselmi, Chief Operating Officer.
You may recall Anselmi from when Brian Burke was fired by the Leafs in January. (Anselmi, then the president and COO, was the one who said Burke’s “tone and voice” was the driving factor behind the decision.)
Anselmi’s departure shouldn’t come as a huge shock after Tim Leiweke was hired to lead the company in April.
“The entire organization, including our ownership group, is grateful to Tom for his many contributions to the success of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment over the years,” said Leiweke in a statement.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (52)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)