Sep 6, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Another key executive is leaving Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Today, the parent company of the Leafs (and Raptors and Toronto FC and Marlies) announced the resignation of Tom Anselmi, Chief Operating Officer.
You may recall Anselmi from when Brian Burke was fired by the Leafs in January. (Anselmi, then the president and COO, was the one who said Burke’s “tone and voice” was the driving factor behind the decision.)
Anselmi’s departure shouldn’t come as a huge shock after Tim Leiweke was hired to lead the company in April.
“The entire organization, including our ownership group, is grateful to Tom for his many contributions to the success of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment over the years,” said Leiweke in a statement.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)