Sep 6, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Another key executive is leaving Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Today, the parent company of the Leafs (and Raptors and Toronto FC and Marlies) announced the resignation of Tom Anselmi, Chief Operating Officer.
You may recall Anselmi from when Brian Burke was fired by the Leafs in January. (Anselmi, then the president and COO, was the one who said Burke’s “tone and voice” was the driving factor behind the decision.)
Anselmi’s departure shouldn’t come as a huge shock after Tim Leiweke was hired to lead the company in April.
“The entire organization, including our ownership group, is grateful to Tom for his many contributions to the success of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment over the years,” said Leiweke in a statement.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)