Sep 6, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Another key executive is leaving Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Today, the parent company of the Leafs (and Raptors and Toronto FC and Marlies) announced the resignation of Tom Anselmi, Chief Operating Officer.
You may recall Anselmi from when Brian Burke was fired by the Leafs in January. (Anselmi, then the president and COO, was the one who said Burke’s “tone and voice” was the driving factor behind the decision.)
Anselmi’s departure shouldn’t come as a huge shock after Tim Leiweke was hired to lead the company in April.
“The entire organization, including our ownership group, is grateful to Tom for his many contributions to the success of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment over the years,” said Leiweke in a statement.
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 13
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 13
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 32
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)