Sep 5, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Despite limited NHL experience, Vancouver Canucks forward Dale Weise knows his way around a John Tortorella training camp. He told 24 Hours Vancouver on Thursday that he’s prompting teammates on what to expect going forward.
“His is a little more about conditioning, not so much worried about doing drills,” Weise said. “He’s more concerned on getting guys in top shape and then we can work from there.
“I’ve been trying to update guys as much as I can on what it’s like. As for me individually, I’m excited. He’s a good coach for my style and he’s really going to bring the best out of me.”
Weise is under contract with a one-year, $750K deal, so he has a chance to show that he’s worth keeping around. If nothing else, he represents a familiar face for Torts.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)