Sep 5, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Despite limited NHL experience, Vancouver Canucks forward Dale Weise knows his way around a John Tortorella training camp. He told 24 Hours Vancouver on Thursday that he’s prompting teammates on what to expect going forward.
“His is a little more about conditioning, not so much worried about doing drills,” Weise said. “He’s more concerned on getting guys in top shape and then we can work from there.
“I’ve been trying to update guys as much as I can on what it’s like. As for me individually, I’m excited. He’s a good coach for my style and he’s really going to bring the best out of me.”
Weise is under contract with a one-year, $750K deal, so he has a chance to show that he’s worth keeping around. If nothing else, he represents a familiar face for Torts.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34