Sep 5, 2013, 10:17 PM EST
Despite limited NHL experience, Vancouver Canucks forward Dale Weise knows his way around a John Tortorella training camp. He told 24 Hours Vancouver on Thursday that he’s prompting teammates on what to expect going forward.
“His is a little more about conditioning, not so much worried about doing drills,” Weise said. “He’s more concerned on getting guys in top shape and then we can work from there.
“I’ve been trying to update guys as much as I can on what it’s like. As for me individually, I’m excited. He’s a good coach for my style and he’s really going to bring the best out of me.”
Weise is under contract with a one-year, $750K deal, so he has a chance to show that he’s worth keeping around. If nothing else, he represents a familiar face for Torts.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)