Sep 5, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Despite limited NHL experience, Vancouver Canucks forward Dale Weise knows his way around a John Tortorella training camp. He told 24 Hours Vancouver on Thursday that he’s prompting teammates on what to expect going forward.
“His is a little more about conditioning, not so much worried about doing drills,” Weise said. “He’s more concerned on getting guys in top shape and then we can work from there.
“I’ve been trying to update guys as much as I can on what it’s like. As for me individually, I’m excited. He’s a good coach for my style and he’s really going to bring the best out of me.”
Weise is under contract with a one-year, $750K deal, so he has a chance to show that he’s worth keeping around. If nothing else, he represents a familiar face for Torts.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)