Weise briefs Canucks regarding Torts’ training camp

Sep 5, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT

weisewithteammatesgetty Getty Images

Despite limited NHL experience, Vancouver Canucks forward Dale Weise knows his way around a John Tortorella training camp. He told 24 Hours Vancouver on Thursday that he’s prompting teammates on what to expect going forward.

“His is a little more about conditioning, not so much worried about doing drills,” Weise said. “He’s more concerned on getting guys in top shape and then we can work from there.

“I’ve been trying to update guys as much as I can on what it’s like. As for me individually, I’m excited. He’s a good coach for my style and he’s really going to bring the best out of me.”

Weise is under contract with a one-year, $750K deal, so he has a chance to show that he’s worth keeping around. If nothing else, he represents a familiar face for Torts.

1. stakex - Sep 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

If nothing else, this is something I think the Rangers are going to miss from Torts and Canucks fans should be happy about. Aside from last season, the Rangers conditioning during his rule was second to none. In 11-12 there were a lot of games in which the Rangers won in the 3rd period because they simply outlasted teams. They just always seemed to have that extra step, and it was noticeably missing last year with the lack of a full training camp.

• vanindeed - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM

All teams are in condition. Rangers were deep and could roll 4 lines

2. bauxjangles - Sep 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I’d like to see Torts brief the team for himself

• hockeyflow33 - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Well since the season hasn’t started yet…

3. supercoop8 - Sep 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I can’t wait “uptil” I can afford a reasonably priced hatchback not sold in the US. But not yet, I am buried beneath condo debts.

• supercoop8 - Sep 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM

that was a response to a thus been deleted spam

Top 10 NHL Player Searches