Sep 5, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Dispatch reports the Blues are looking at veterans to bring into camp on a professional tryout agreement in case Pietrangelo isn’t signed soon. Armstrong says he’s just doing what’s best for the team.
“Our focus right now is on Alex, but there are players that do want to get into training camps,” Armstrong said. “We may have an opportunity to do that for someone if we so desire.”
He’s a puck-moving defenseman with a stronger offensive game than defensive which makes him like a discount version of Pietrangelo. That makes him ideal for depth and as a “just in case” option.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54