Sep 5, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Dispatch reports the Blues are looking at veterans to bring into camp on a professional tryout agreement in case Pietrangelo isn’t signed soon. Armstrong says he’s just doing what’s best for the team.
“Our focus right now is on Alex, but there are players that do want to get into training camps,” Armstrong said. “We may have an opportunity to do that for someone if we so desire.”
He’s a puck-moving defenseman with a stronger offensive game than defensive which makes him like a discount version of Pietrangelo. That makes him ideal for depth and as a “just in case” option.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 11
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13