Sep 5, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Rugged Minnesota Wild forward Mike Rupp seems to be making progress from offseason knee surgery, but he hasn’t been cleared to participate in training camp just yet, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The 33-year-old is reportedly skating on his own but hasn’t taken part in drills or informal skates with teammates.
He played 40 games overall in 2013, playing in 32 with Minnesota after being traded from the New York Rangers.
Rupp showed some resilience of his own during a memorable overtime sequence in Game 1 of Minnesota’s first-round series against the Chicago Blackhawks, as you can see in the video below:
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)