Sep 5, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Rugged Minnesota Wild forward Mike Rupp seems to be making progress from offseason knee surgery, but he hasn’t been cleared to participate in training camp just yet, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The 33-year-old is reportedly skating on his own but hasn’t taken part in drills or informal skates with teammates.
He played 40 games overall in 2013, playing in 32 with Minnesota after being traded from the New York Rangers.
Rupp showed some resilience of his own during a memorable overtime sequence in Game 1 of Minnesota’s first-round series against the Chicago Blackhawks, as you can see in the video below:
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63