Sep 5, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Laughton, 19, played five games for the Flyers in 2013. He failed to score a point in that brief stint, but as the 20th pick from the 2012 NHL Draft, he’s a prominent figure in the team’s pipeline.
Holmgren’s assessment shouldn’t come as a surprise, even ignoring Laughton’s cup of coffee at the NHL level. Hockey’s Future ranks him as one of the team’s top prospects and their best center, for one.
He’s generally regarded as a more defensive forward, so he could very well make sense as a bottom-six forward for the Flyers next season, if the team believes he’s truly ready for full-time duty.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)