Sep 5, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Laughton, 19, played five games for the Flyers in 2013. He failed to score a point in that brief stint, but as the 20th pick from the 2012 NHL Draft, he’s a prominent figure in the team’s pipeline.
Holmgren’s assessment shouldn’t come as a surprise, even ignoring Laughton’s cup of coffee at the NHL level. Hockey’s Future ranks him as one of the team’s top prospects and their best center, for one.
He’s generally regarded as a more defensive forward, so he could very well make sense as a bottom-six forward for the Flyers next season, if the team believes he’s truly ready for full-time duty.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)