Sep 5, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
Laughton, 19, played five games for the Flyers in 2013. He failed to score a point in that brief stint, but as the 20th pick from the 2012 NHL Draft, he’s a prominent figure in the team’s pipeline.
Holmgren’s assessment shouldn’t come as a surprise, even ignoring Laughton’s cup of coffee at the NHL level. Hockey’s Future ranks him as one of the team’s top prospects and their best center, for one.
He’s generally regarded as a more defensive forward, so he could very well make sense as a bottom-six forward for the Flyers next season, if the team believes he’s truly ready for full-time duty.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (65)