Sep 5, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
Laughton, 19, played five games for the Flyers in 2013. He failed to score a point in that brief stint, but as the 20th pick from the 2012 NHL Draft, he’s a prominent figure in the team’s pipeline.
Holmgren’s assessment shouldn’t come as a surprise, even ignoring Laughton’s cup of coffee at the NHL level. Hockey’s Future ranks him as one of the team’s top prospects and their best center, for one.
He’s generally regarded as a more defensive forward, so he could very well make sense as a bottom-six forward for the Flyers next season, if the team believes he’s truly ready for full-time duty.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)