Sep 5, 2013, 11:26 PM EST
Months later, Pittsburgh Penguins stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin looked back at that Eastern Conference finals sweep at the hands of the Boston Bruins with ESPN. There’s no denying it; it’s taken a while for them to recover.
“It stung,” Crosby said.
“It was one of those ones that definitely took a while to wear off. Looking back, probably right until Chicago won, it was pretty tough to go a day without it crossing your mind when you’re seeing the finals going on. I didn’t watch a game until Game 6. I tried not to think about it too much, but it did pass through my mind. I think until I started working out and started to get ready for this year, it was tough to turn the page there.”
Malkin emphasized the shock of going from being the highest scoring team in the NHL to a squad that could manage just two goals in four high-profile games, wondering if it was more a matter of luck or Boston’s great play.
“We know [we] have great chance to win one again,” Malkin said.
Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 AM EST
Not the greatest night for Ilya Bryzgalov & Co.
Dec 22, 2013, 12:44 AM EST
Sounds like he took a puck to the face.
Dec 21, 2013, 11:42 PM EST
They had lost 11 in a row, including six this season.
Dec 21, 2013, 10:48 PM EST
They’ve won a franchise-best eight games in a row.
Dec 21, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
He notched No. 694, moving to a tie for seventh.
Dec 21, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
A tall order, if you will.
Dec 21, 2013, 8:26 PM EST
Brutal luck for the winger, Columbus and Slovakia.
Dec 21, 2013, 8:04 PM EST
He was able to skate off with some help from a trainer.
Dec 21, 2013, 7:34 PM EST
Los Angeles took a 3-2 shootout win vs. Colorado on Saturday.
Dec 21, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Hey, the Islanders get a break.
Dec 21, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
The 51-year-old Washington Capitals coach faces former peers Saturday.
Dec 21, 2013, 6:33 PM EST
He suffered a concussion against Ottawa on Monday.
Dec 21, 2013, 5:42 PM EST
He wants to be a number one goalie, even if it’s not with Washington.
Dec 21, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
It was against the team that drafted him, the Ottawa Senators.
Dec 21, 2013, 4:25 PM EST
He has an upper-body injury.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
Curtis Glencross and Kris Russell are both sidelined.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:35 PM EST
No decision has been made though.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
He’ll miss at least a month.
Dec 21, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
He has allowed 10 goals in his last three games.
Dec 21, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
He’s already missed roughly a month this season due to knee problems.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)