Sep 5, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Back in June, Boston Bruins forward Gregory Campbell made a last impression by staying on the ice despite breaking his leg while blocking a shot in the 2013 Eastern Conference finals. It should come as no surprise that teammates were delighted to see the 29-year-old take the ice with teammates for the first time since suffering that injury on Thursday, then.
“Seeing him out there today, he’s finally smiling, so it’s nice to see him and just have him in the room being himself and being part of the team and doing everything with us,” Johnny Boychuk said.
Campbell seemed confident that he’d be ready to return for training camp when asked in August, and it looks like that will indeed work out.
In case you didn’t soak it up enough during the playoffs, check out that courageous effort from Game 3 of the Bruins’ eventual sweep of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the video below:
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)