Sep 5, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Back in June, Boston Bruins forward Gregory Campbell made a last impression by staying on the ice despite breaking his leg while blocking a shot in the 2013 Eastern Conference finals. It should come as no surprise that teammates were delighted to see the 29-year-old take the ice with teammates for the first time since suffering that injury on Thursday, then.
“Seeing him out there today, he’s finally smiling, so it’s nice to see him and just have him in the room being himself and being part of the team and doing everything with us,” Johnny Boychuk said.
Campbell seemed confident that he’d be ready to return for training camp when asked in August, and it looks like that will indeed work out.
In case you didn’t soak it up enough during the playoffs, check out that courageous effort from Game 3 of the Bruins’ eventual sweep of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the video below:
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 1
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)