Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
One of the brightest stars slated to participate in this year’s Traverse City prospects tournament has been ruled out.
According to Buffalo’s public relations staff, Grigorenko is being held out because he participated in too many NHL games during the 2012-13 season.
The 19-year-old Russian made the Sabres out of training camp and appeared in 25 games last year, scoring five points. He also appeared in 33 games for QMJHL Quebec and two playoff games for AHL Rochester.
The Red Wings’ annual rookie tourney will run from Sept. 5-9 at Center ICE Arena in Traverse City. Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus and the New York Rangers are slated to participate.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 0
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 25
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)