Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
One of the brightest stars slated to participate in this year’s Traverse City prospects tournament has been ruled out.
According to Buffalo’s public relations staff, Grigorenko is being held out because he participated in too many NHL games during the 2012-13 season.
The 19-year-old Russian made the Sabres out of training camp and appeared in 25 games last year, scoring five points. He also appeared in 33 games for QMJHL Quebec and two playoff games for AHL Rochester.
The Red Wings’ annual rookie tourney will run from Sept. 5-9 at Center ICE Arena in Traverse City. Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus and the New York Rangers are slated to participate.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21