Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
One of the brightest stars slated to participate in this year’s Traverse City prospects tournament has been ruled out.
According to Buffalo’s public relations staff, Grigorenko is being held out because he participated in too many NHL games during the 2012-13 season.
The 19-year-old Russian made the Sabres out of training camp and appeared in 25 games last year, scoring five points. He also appeared in 33 games for QMJHL Quebec and two playoff games for AHL Rochester.
The Red Wings’ annual rookie tourney will run from Sept. 5-9 at Center ICE Arena in Traverse City. Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus and the New York Rangers are slated to participate.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4