Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
One of the brightest stars slated to participate in this year’s Traverse City prospects tournament has been ruled out.
According to Buffalo’s public relations staff, Grigorenko is being held out because he participated in too many NHL games during the 2012-13 season.
The 19-year-old Russian made the Sabres out of training camp and appeared in 25 games last year, scoring five points. He also appeared in 33 games for QMJHL Quebec and two playoff games for AHL Rochester.
The Red Wings’ annual rookie tourney will run from Sept. 5-9 at Center ICE Arena in Traverse City. Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus and the New York Rangers are slated to participate.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)