Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
One of the brightest stars slated to participate in this year’s Traverse City prospects tournament has been ruled out.
According to Buffalo’s public relations staff, Grigorenko is being held out because he participated in too many NHL games during the 2012-13 season.
The 19-year-old Russian made the Sabres out of training camp and appeared in 25 games last year, scoring five points. He also appeared in 33 games for QMJHL Quebec and two playoff games for AHL Rochester.
The Red Wings’ annual rookie tourney will run from Sept. 5-9 at Center ICE Arena in Traverse City. Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus and the New York Rangers are slated to participate.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 50
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)