Sep 4, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
Points-per-game wise, Olli Jokinen‘s 2013 NHL season (14 points in 45 games for the Jets) was his worst since 2000-01 (16 points in 78 games), when he was still a young member of the Florida Panthers.
Which is to say, you’ll excuse though who are pessimistic about his chances to bounce back in 2013-14.
But Jokinen’s not pessimistic. Not even close.
“I think I’m going to have five, six big seasons left,” he said yesterday, per the Winnipeg Sun. “I’m not nearly as done as you guys probably think. I have a lot of years (left). I’ve been playing a long time and I still think I can play five, six years at this level — easily.”
After signing the veteran Finn to a two-year, $9 million contract in the summer of 2012, the Jets are hoping he’s right. If not, young Mark Scheifele could see top-six time in the middle.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)