Sep 4, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
Points-per-game wise, Olli Jokinen‘s 2013 NHL season (14 points in 45 games for the Jets) was his worst since 2000-01 (16 points in 78 games), when he was still a young member of the Florida Panthers.
Which is to say, you’ll excuse though who are pessimistic about his chances to bounce back in 2013-14.
But Jokinen’s not pessimistic. Not even close.
“I think I’m going to have five, six big seasons left,” he said yesterday, per the Winnipeg Sun. “I’m not nearly as done as you guys probably think. I have a lot of years (left). I’ve been playing a long time and I still think I can play five, six years at this level — easily.”
After signing the veteran Finn to a two-year, $9 million contract in the summer of 2012, the Jets are hoping he’s right. If not, young Mark Scheifele could see top-six time in the middle.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)