Sep 4, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
Flyers captain Claude Giroux is confident he’ll be ready for Philadelphia’s first game of the regular season on Oct. 2. However, he’s not sure if he’ll be able to play at all in the preseason.
“I will be ready for the season, but I am not going to force it,” Giroux said, per CSN Philly. “If I am healthy, I’m playing and I want to. I would like to get a game in to get the feel for a game first.”
Giroux, of course, suffered tendon damage in his right hand while playing golf a few weeks ago in Ottawa. He’s currently skating, but not shooting.
“All I can do now is get in game shape,” he said. “It’s obviously hard because you need to play a game, but it’s a lot of start and stops. That’s what I am doing.”
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2