Sep 4, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
Flyers captain Claude Giroux is confident he’ll be ready for Philadelphia’s first game of the regular season on Oct. 2. However, he’s not sure if he’ll be able to play at all in the preseason.
“I will be ready for the season, but I am not going to force it,” Giroux said, per CSN Philly. “If I am healthy, I’m playing and I want to. I would like to get a game in to get the feel for a game first.”
Giroux, of course, suffered tendon damage in his right hand while playing golf a few weeks ago in Ottawa. He’s currently skating, but not shooting.
“All I can do now is get in game shape,” he said. “It’s obviously hard because you need to play a game, but it’s a lot of start and stops. That’s what I am doing.”
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24