Sep 4, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren expressed excitement about the team’s defense corps. being healthier in 2013-14, but at least one player – Andrej Meszaros – still has a few questions to answer.
The 27-year-old blueliner told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio on Wednesday that he hasn’t been cleared to play yet, as he still must undergo testing on his surgically repaired shoulder.
The Slovakian was limited just 11 games in 2013, collecting two assists and a -9 rating.
His $4 million cap hit is set to expire after next season, so Philly would like to see a healthy and productive Meszaros, even if they just decide to trade him.
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 2
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 71
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)