Sep 4, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren expressed excitement about the team’s defense corps. being healthier in 2013-14, but at least one player – Andrej Meszaros – still has a few questions to answer.
The 27-year-old blueliner told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio on Wednesday that he hasn’t been cleared to play yet, as he still must undergo testing on his surgically repaired shoulder.
The Slovakian was limited just 11 games in 2013, collecting two assists and a -9 rating.
His $4 million cap hit is set to expire after next season, so Philly would like to see a healthy and productive Meszaros, even if they just decide to trade him.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 6
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 22
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 90
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (90)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)