Sep 4, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren expressed excitement about the team’s defense corps. being healthier in 2013-14, but at least one player – Andrej Meszaros – still has a few questions to answer.
The 27-year-old blueliner told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio on Wednesday that he hasn’t been cleared to play yet, as he still must undergo testing on his surgically repaired shoulder.
The Slovakian was limited just 11 games in 2013, collecting two assists and a -9 rating.
His $4 million cap hit is set to expire after next season, so Philly would like to see a healthy and productive Meszaros, even if they just decide to trade him.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)