Sep 4, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren expressed excitement about the team’s defense corps. being healthier in 2013-14, but at least one player – Andrej Meszaros – still has a few questions to answer.
The 27-year-old blueliner told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio on Wednesday that he hasn’t been cleared to play yet, as he still must undergo testing on his surgically repaired shoulder.
The Slovakian was limited just 11 games in 2013, collecting two assists and a -9 rating.
His $4 million cap hit is set to expire after next season, so Philly would like to see a healthy and productive Meszaros, even if they just decide to trade him.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5