Sep 4, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren expressed excitement about the team’s defense corps. being healthier in 2013-14, but at least one player – Andrej Meszaros – still has a few questions to answer.
The 27-year-old blueliner told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio on Wednesday that he hasn’t been cleared to play yet, as he still must undergo testing on his surgically repaired shoulder.
The Slovakian was limited just 11 games in 2013, collecting two assists and a -9 rating.
His $4 million cap hit is set to expire after next season, so Philly would like to see a healthy and productive Meszaros, even if they just decide to trade him.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)