Sep 4, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
He’s not the flashiest player in the league, but Trevor Daley is a key part of the Dallas defensive corps, and the Stars will need him to be healthy as they try to break a string of five seasons without making the playoffs.
Certainly, they’d like him to be healthier than he was last year, after which he required surgery to fix a neck issue.
“When you deal with the neck, it is pretty serious, but I feel great now,” Daley told the Dallas Morning News recently. “I’ve been cleared to do all of my workouts. It definitely affected me last season. It needed to be done.”
Daley, 29, finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)