Sep 4, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
He’s not the flashiest player in the league, but Trevor Daley is a key part of the Dallas defensive corps, and the Stars will need him to be healthy as they try to break a string of five seasons without making the playoffs.
Certainly, they’d like him to be healthier than he was last year, after which he required surgery to fix a neck issue.
“When you deal with the neck, it is pretty serious, but I feel great now,” Daley told the Dallas Morning News recently. “I’ve been cleared to do all of my workouts. It definitely affected me last season. It needed to be done.”
Daley, 29, finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)