Sep 4, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
He’s not the flashiest player in the league, but Trevor Daley is a key part of the Dallas defensive corps, and the Stars will need him to be healthy as they try to break a string of five seasons without making the playoffs.
Certainly, they’d like him to be healthier than he was last year, after which he required surgery to fix a neck issue.
“When you deal with the neck, it is pretty serious, but I feel great now,” Daley told the Dallas Morning News recently. “I’ve been cleared to do all of my workouts. It definitely affected me last season. It needed to be done.”
Daley, 29, finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)