Sep 4, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
He’s not the flashiest player in the league, but Trevor Daley is a key part of the Dallas defensive corps, and the Stars will need him to be healthy as they try to break a string of five seasons without making the playoffs.
Certainly, they’d like him to be healthier than he was last year, after which he required surgery to fix a neck issue.
“When you deal with the neck, it is pretty serious, but I feel great now,” Daley told the Dallas Morning News recently. “I’ve been cleared to do all of my workouts. It definitely affected me last season. It needed to be done.”
Daley, 29, finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7