Sep 4, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
He’s not the flashiest player in the league, but Trevor Daley is a key part of the Dallas defensive corps, and the Stars will need him to be healthy as they try to break a string of five seasons without making the playoffs.
Certainly, they’d like him to be healthier than he was last year, after which he required surgery to fix a neck issue.
“When you deal with the neck, it is pretty serious, but I feel great now,” Daley told the Dallas Morning News recently. “I’ve been cleared to do all of my workouts. It definitely affected me last season. It needed to be done.”
Daley, 29, finished 2013 with 13 points in 44 games while logging 21:24 of ice time on average.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 1
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)