Sep 3, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
Tom Kostopoulos is back with the Penguins.
The 34-year-old forward has signed a deal with Pittsburgh’s AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, the club announced on Tuesday.
Kostopoulos, first drafted by the Pens in 1999, signed a one-year, $600,000 to return to Pittsburgh last season, but never suited up for the club after getting claimed by New Jersey while on waivers.
He went on to appear in 15 games for the Devils, scoring once while registering 18 PIM.
Kostopoulos — who’s played for the Pens, Kings, Canadiens, Hurricanes, Flames and Devils during his 15-year career — returns to WBS as the club’s all-time leader in games played (335), goals (100), assists (153) and points (253).
Pittsburgh has 13 forwards under contract for next season, so Kostopoulos will be in tough for minutes at the NHL level next season. He, along with veteran Andrew Ebbett, will likely be in line for recall should injuries hit.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 32
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 4
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 13
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 54
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (56)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (40)