Sep 3, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
Tom Kostopoulos is back with the Penguins.
The 34-year-old forward has signed a deal with Pittsburgh’s AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, the club announced on Tuesday.
Kostopoulos, first drafted by the Pens in 1999, signed a one-year, $600,000 to return to Pittsburgh last season, but never suited up for the club after getting claimed by New Jersey while on waivers.
He went on to appear in 15 games for the Devils, scoring once while registering 18 PIM.
Kostopoulos — who’s played for the Pens, Kings, Canadiens, Hurricanes, Flames and Devils during his 15-year career — returns to WBS as the club’s all-time leader in games played (335), goals (100), assists (153) and points (253).
Pittsburgh has 13 forwards under contract for next season, so Kostopoulos will be in tough for minutes at the NHL level next season. He, along with veteran Andrew Ebbett, will likely be in line for recall should injuries hit.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 5
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 7
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 15
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 2
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)