Sep 3, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Jarret Stoll says there’s no ill-effects from the seizure that sent him to hospital in early July.
“I feel fine. I feel a hundred percent,” Stoll told LA Kings Insider on Tuesday. “That’s not an issue. I think it’s more of an issue if people talk about it, and it’s just one of those things that happened that I wish didn’t, but it did.”
Stoll, 31, was rushed to a L.A.-area hospital the morning of July 3 after suffering the seizure and underwent a series of tests, according to Kings GM Dean Lombardi. It was unclear what caused the seizure, and Stoll didn’t divulge much in the way of medical updates.
“I’m just moving on looking forward to the start of the season,” he explained. “Medically cleared, all those things, had a great doctors take care of me in terms of getting ready for camp and being cleared for play.
“So that’s all taken care of.”
Stoll missed almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round playoff win over San Jose after taking a Raffi Torres hit to the head in Game 1 and suffering a concussion.
He did, however, return to play all five of the Kings’ Western Conference finals games against Chicago.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 0
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 4
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 12
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 23
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 31
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 102
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)