Sep 3, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Jarret Stoll says there’s no ill-effects from the seizure that sent him to hospital in early July.
“I feel fine. I feel a hundred percent,” Stoll told LA Kings Insider on Tuesday. “That’s not an issue. I think it’s more of an issue if people talk about it, and it’s just one of those things that happened that I wish didn’t, but it did.”
Stoll, 31, was rushed to a L.A.-area hospital the morning of July 3 after suffering the seizure and underwent a series of tests, according to Kings GM Dean Lombardi. It was unclear what caused the seizure, and Stoll didn’t divulge much in the way of medical updates.
“I’m just moving on looking forward to the start of the season,” he explained. “Medically cleared, all those things, had a great doctors take care of me in terms of getting ready for camp and being cleared for play.
“So that’s all taken care of.”
Stoll missed almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round playoff win over San Jose after taking a Raffi Torres hit to the head in Game 1 and suffering a concussion.
He did, however, return to play all five of the Kings’ Western Conference finals games against Chicago.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (60)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)