Sep 3, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
Former NHLer Dave Gagner has left the Vancouver Canucks, with whom he was the Director of Player Development, to join the Orr Hockey Group as the leader of the agency’s player-development group.
Gagner had been with the Canucks since 2008. During his stint with the club, his name was most often cited in reference to former Vancouver player Cody Hodgson, who opted to discontinue training with Gagner in 2010 following a back injury. The club subsequently denied any rift between player and club. Hodgson was eventually traded to Buffalo in 2012.
The Canucks have yet to comment on Gagner’s departure. It’s not clear when or how they’ll fill the vacancy.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12