Sep 2, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s plausible that Sept. 2, 2013 might go down as the best day of Corey Crawford‘s life.
Sure, actually winning the Stanley Cup was probably a big deal. Still, chew on this: he enjoyed his day with the Stanley Cup while signing a whopping six year, $36 million contract on Monday.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared some photos of the event, including this photo of Crawford with his family, including an infant laying in the treasured trophy:
Finally, here’s a shot of Crawford signing photos for fans and locals. (Too bad it wasn’t a shot of him signing that meaty extension …)
It’s likely that the 28-year-old might argue with the notion that today could be the best day of his existence. It must be in the top 10, though, right?
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39