Sep 2, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s plausible that Sept. 2, 2013 might go down as the best day of Corey Crawford‘s life.
Sure, actually winning the Stanley Cup was probably a big deal. Still, chew on this: he enjoyed his day with the Stanley Cup while signing a whopping six year, $36 million contract on Monday.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared some photos of the event, including this photo of Crawford with his family, including an infant laying in the treasured trophy:
Finally, here’s a shot of Crawford signing photos for fans and locals. (Too bad it wasn’t a shot of him signing that meaty extension …)
It’s likely that the 28-year-old might argue with the notion that today could be the best day of his existence. It must be in the top 10, though, right?
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)