Sep 2, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s plausible that Sept. 2, 2013 might go down as the best day of Corey Crawford‘s life.
Sure, actually winning the Stanley Cup was probably a big deal. Still, chew on this: he enjoyed his day with the Stanley Cup while signing a whopping six year, $36 million contract on Monday.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared some photos of the event, including this photo of Crawford with his family, including an infant laying in the treasured trophy:
Finally, here’s a shot of Crawford signing photos for fans and locals. (Too bad it wasn’t a shot of him signing that meaty extension …)
It’s likely that the 28-year-old might argue with the notion that today could be the best day of his existence. It must be in the top 10, though, right?
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63