Sep 2, 2013, 6:17 PM EST
It’s plausible that Sept. 2, 2013 might go down as the best day of Corey Crawford‘s life.
Sure, actually winning the Stanley Cup was probably a big deal. Still, chew on this: he enjoyed his day with the Stanley Cup while signing a whopping six year, $36 million contract on Monday.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared some photos of the event, including this photo of Crawford with his family, including an infant laying in the treasured trophy:
Finally, here’s a shot of Crawford signing photos for fans and locals. (Too bad it wasn’t a shot of him signing that meaty extension …)
It’s likely that the 28-year-old might argue with the notion that today could be the best day of his existence. It must be in the top 10, though, right?
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)