Sep 2, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The 26-year-old forward reached the 30-goal mark for four consecutive seasons going into the 2013 campaign. That kind of goal scoring prowess is something MacLean feels the team has been lacking for quite a while.
But who will Ryan skate alongside in five-on-five situations? Playmaker Jason Spezza seems like a natural fit, but MacLean doesn’t want to get ahead of himself.
“The chemistry (Ryan) gets, is it going to be with Jason Spezza or Kyle Turris or Mika (Zibanejad), whoever he gets the best chemistry with is who we’re going to play him with,” MacLean said, according to the Senators’ official website.
Regardless of who Ryan’s linemates end up being, this seems like a golden opportunity for him. In 2011-12 and 2013 respectively, Ryan ranked seventh on the Anaheim Ducks in power-play ice time, but he’s likely to play a much bigger role with the man advantage in Ottawa. That change alone could help him challenge his career-high of 35 goals.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 11
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)