Sep 2, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
For years, people will chart Tyler Seguin‘s success and wonder if the Boston Bruins made the right choice in trading him to the Dallas Stars. It’s easy to forget how great of a fit Loui Eriksson could be in Claude Julien’s system, however.
The 28-year-old winger skated with his new teammates for the first time on Monday, CSNNE.com reports.
Much like Daniel Alfredsson in Detroit, the theme seemed to be replacing former Bruins. Eriksson kept his No. 21 from Dallas, which departed free agent Andrew Ference once wore. He’s also taking Seguin’s former stall, which is symbolic enough.
CSNNE.com points out that Bruins rookie camp kicks in on Wednesday while Bruins training camp starts on Sept. 11.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)