Sep 2, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
For years, people will chart Tyler Seguin‘s success and wonder if the Boston Bruins made the right choice in trading him to the Dallas Stars. It’s easy to forget how great of a fit Loui Eriksson could be in Claude Julien’s system, however.
The 28-year-old winger skated with his new teammates for the first time on Monday, CSNNE.com reports.
Much like Daniel Alfredsson in Detroit, the theme seemed to be replacing former Bruins. Eriksson kept his No. 21 from Dallas, which departed free agent Andrew Ference once wore. He’s also taking Seguin’s former stall, which is symbolic enough.
CSNNE.com points out that Bruins rookie camp kicks in on Wednesday while Bruins training camp starts on Sept. 11.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)