Sep 2, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
For Cory Schneider, plenty has changed, yet a lot remains the same.
He’s shifted from the Vancouver Canucks to the New Jersey Devils, but he’s likely to still fight for starts. Now he’s merely battling a different 2010 Winter Olympic goalie, as Roberto Luongo gives way to Martin Brodeur.
The same can be said about something as trivial as his goalie mask. Sure, it’ll look different in 2013-14, but the same basic motif follows: his mask seems more or less based on his team’s logo.
Here’s the latest design, via Daveart.com:
Compare that to these three shots of his mask, via Getty, and you can see some parallels:
Maybe the bigger question is: which Devils goalie has the coolest mask (sorry Johan Hedberg, we’re ignoring you here)? Brodeur shared his mask on Twitter in late July:
Sorry, no zombies on either one.
(H/T to Sports Illustrated.)
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)