Sep 2, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
For Cory Schneider, plenty has changed, yet a lot remains the same.
He’s shifted from the Vancouver Canucks to the New Jersey Devils, but he’s likely to still fight for starts. Now he’s merely battling a different 2010 Winter Olympic goalie, as Roberto Luongo gives way to Martin Brodeur.
The same can be said about something as trivial as his goalie mask. Sure, it’ll look different in 2013-14, but the same basic motif follows: his mask seems more or less based on his team’s logo.
Here’s the latest design, via Daveart.com:
Compare that to these three shots of his mask, via Getty, and you can see some parallels:
Maybe the bigger question is: which Devils goalie has the coolest mask (sorry Johan Hedberg, we’re ignoring you here)? Brodeur shared his mask on Twitter in late July:
Sorry, no zombies on either one.
(H/T to Sports Illustrated.)
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)