Sep 2, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
For Cory Schneider, plenty has changed, yet a lot remains the same.
He’s shifted from the Vancouver Canucks to the New Jersey Devils, but he’s likely to still fight for starts. Now he’s merely battling a different 2010 Winter Olympic goalie, as Roberto Luongo gives way to Martin Brodeur.
The same can be said about something as trivial as his goalie mask. Sure, it’ll look different in 2013-14, but the same basic motif follows: his mask seems more or less based on his team’s logo.
Here’s the latest design, via Daveart.com:
Compare that to these three shots of his mask, via Getty, and you can see some parallels:
Maybe the bigger question is: which Devils goalie has the coolest mask (sorry Johan Hedberg, we’re ignoring you here)? Brodeur shared his mask on Twitter in late July:
Sorry, no zombies on either one.
(H/T to Sports Illustrated.)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32