Sep 2, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
For Cory Schneider, plenty has changed, yet a lot remains the same.
He’s shifted from the Vancouver Canucks to the New Jersey Devils, but he’s likely to still fight for starts. Now he’s merely battling a different 2010 Winter Olympic goalie, as Roberto Luongo gives way to Martin Brodeur.
The same can be said about something as trivial as his goalie mask. Sure, it’ll look different in 2013-14, but the same basic motif follows: his mask seems more or less based on his team’s logo.
Here’s the latest design, via Daveart.com:
Compare that to these three shots of his mask, via Getty, and you can see some parallels:
Maybe the bigger question is: which Devils goalie has the coolest mask (sorry Johan Hedberg, we’re ignoring you here)? Brodeur shared his mask on Twitter in late July:
Sorry, no zombies on either one.
(H/T to Sports Illustrated.)
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)