Sep 2, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
For Cory Schneider, plenty has changed, yet a lot remains the same.
He’s shifted from the Vancouver Canucks to the New Jersey Devils, but he’s likely to still fight for starts. Now he’s merely battling a different 2010 Winter Olympic goalie, as Roberto Luongo gives way to Martin Brodeur.
The same can be said about something as trivial as his goalie mask. Sure, it’ll look different in 2013-14, but the same basic motif follows: his mask seems more or less based on his team’s logo.
Here’s the latest design, via Daveart.com:
Compare that to these three shots of his mask, via Getty, and you can see some parallels:
Maybe the bigger question is: which Devils goalie has the coolest mask (sorry Johan Hedberg, we’re ignoring you here)? Brodeur shared his mask on Twitter in late July:
Sorry, no zombies on either one.
(H/T to Sports Illustrated.)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7