Sep 1, 2013, 4:51 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild will look a little different away from the Xcel Energy Center in 2013-14. They’ve unveiled their new road jersey, which is designed to conform better with their home sweaters.
Vice President of Brand Marketing, John Maher emphasized that they also wanted the road jersey to be unique rather than merely the reverse of what they wear at home, which is part of the reason why it still prominently features the Wild logo on the front.
So you can compare, below is a picture of Josh Harding in the new sweater followed by an image of the Wild celebrating a goal last season in their old jersies:
They also showed off their new look in a video ahead of the jersey’s game debut in a preseason match with the Winnipeg Jets on Sept. 19:
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 14
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46