Sep 1, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will look a little different away from the Xcel Energy Center in 2013-14. They’ve unveiled their new road jersey, which is designed to conform better with their home sweaters.
Vice President of Brand Marketing, John Maher emphasized that they also wanted the road jersey to be unique rather than merely the reverse of what they wear at home, which is part of the reason why it still prominently features the Wild logo on the front.
So you can compare, below is a picture of Josh Harding in the new sweater followed by an image of the Wild celebrating a goal last season in their old jersies:
They also showed off their new look in a video ahead of the jersey’s game debut in a preseason match with the Winnipeg Jets on Sept. 19:
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11