Sep 1, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Free Press pointed something interesting out on Saturday: the Winnipeg Jets finally approach a “normal” season in 2013-14.
After all, the 2011 offseason included being uprooted from Atlanta to Winnipeg while the 2012 summer was marred by the lockout. One could say that this is the first truly business-as-usual lead-up to a season since the Jets were rejuvenated.
Newly re-signed defenseman Zach Bogosian acknowledges the expectations the Jets carry into 2013-14.
“Now we have a full year where you kinda know what to expect,” Bogosian said. “We know where we’re at. We know who we signed, and how we’re gonna play. It’s just our job now to go out and accomplish our goal.”
Of course, even next season poses some interesting changes.
The Jets are part of a revamped Central Division in the Western Conference. That will likely make for tougher competition than they experienced in the discontinued Southeast Division, yet with more reasonable travel parameters, things continue to point more toward “normal.”
One cannot help but wonder if this means that the “honeymoon” is over in Winnipeg, however.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)