Sep 1, 2013, 6:17 PM EST
If that amounts to the former Toronto Maple Leafs forward being handed more of the offensive role that he enjoyed under Ron Wilson rather than Randy Carlyle, then the Washington Post’s Neil Greenberg believes Grabovski could be just as explosive as Mike Ribeiro was.
In fact, Greenberg goes as far as to say that the 29-year-old could make Washington a “legitimate Cup contender.”
There’s no doubt that much of the free agent market seemed as tepid about Grabovski as the Buds became, but Greenberg points to the old age: “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
Perhaps this pickup will indeed help Washington to truly fight for the most treasured trophy in sports, then.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35