Sep 1, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
If that amounts to the former Toronto Maple Leafs forward being handed more of the offensive role that he enjoyed under Ron Wilson rather than Randy Carlyle, then the Washington Post’s Neil Greenberg believes Grabovski could be just as explosive as Mike Ribeiro was.
In fact, Greenberg goes as far as to say that the 29-year-old could make Washington a “legitimate Cup contender.”
There’s no doubt that much of the free agent market seemed as tepid about Grabovski as the Buds became, but Greenberg points to the old age: “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
Perhaps this pickup will indeed help Washington to truly fight for the most treasured trophy in sports, then.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 18
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42