Sep 1, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
Canada beat Norway handily 5-0 to win gold at the Four Nations sledge hockey tournament, which serves as a warm-up for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, according to the Canadian Press.
“Our team worked hard and overcame adversity in this tournament,” Canada’s head coach Mike Mondin said. “This was a terrific event for us to participate in as we prepare for the Paralympics here in March and we look forward to returning next spring.”
Much like the Four Nations tournament, this weekend’s events took place at Shayba Arena in Sochi, Russia.
(Note: this post’s main image comes from the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games.)
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1