Sep 1, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
Canada beat Norway handily 5-0 to win gold at the Four Nations sledge hockey tournament, which serves as a warm-up for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, according to the Canadian Press.
“Our team worked hard and overcame adversity in this tournament,” Canada’s head coach Mike Mondin said. “This was a terrific event for us to participate in as we prepare for the Paralympics here in March and we look forward to returning next spring.”
Much like the Four Nations tournament, this weekend’s events took place at Shayba Arena in Sochi, Russia.
(Note: this post’s main image comes from the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25