Sep 1, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
Canada beat Norway handily 5-0 to win gold at the Four Nations sledge hockey tournament, which serves as a warm-up for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, according to the Canadian Press.
“Our team worked hard and overcame adversity in this tournament,” Canada’s head coach Mike Mondin said. “This was a terrific event for us to participate in as we prepare for the Paralympics here in March and we look forward to returning next spring.”
Much like the Four Nations tournament, this weekend’s events took place at Shayba Arena in Sochi, Russia.
(Note: this post’s main image comes from the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5