Sep 1, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
Canada beat Norway handily 5-0 to win gold at the Four Nations sledge hockey tournament, which serves as a warm-up for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, according to the Canadian Press.
“Our team worked hard and overcame adversity in this tournament,” Canada’s head coach Mike Mondin said. “This was a terrific event for us to participate in as we prepare for the Paralympics here in March and we look forward to returning next spring.”
Much like the Four Nations tournament, this weekend’s events took place at Shayba Arena in Sochi, Russia.
(Note: this post’s main image comes from the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games.)
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21