Sep 1, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
Canada beat Norway handily 5-0 to win gold at the Four Nations sledge hockey tournament, which serves as a warm-up for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, according to the Canadian Press.
“Our team worked hard and overcame adversity in this tournament,” Canada’s head coach Mike Mondin said. “This was a terrific event for us to participate in as we prepare for the Paralympics here in March and we look forward to returning next spring.”
Much like the Four Nations tournament, this weekend’s events took place at Shayba Arena in Sochi, Russia.
(Note: this post’s main image comes from the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games.)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35