Sep 1, 2013, 8:46 PM EST
Last season was rough for Sean Bergenheim, as an injury kept him on the shelf for all of 2013. It also could have estranged him from the Florida Panthers because he sued the team regarding his salary that season – the team contested that he was injured playing overseas during the lockout – but the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that it’s treated as water under the bridge.
“I’ve talked to coaches and everybody here,” Bergenheim said. “It’s like nothing has ever happened. I can only control myself. For me, I’m really happy to be here. I have no hard feelings. Business is business. That’s what it is. What I’m gong to do when I get on the ice is I’m going to play as hard as I can for the Florida Panthers. That’s all I really want to do.”
Panthers GM Dale Tallon backed up the 29-year-old’s thoughts, telling the Sun-Sentinel that he’s “anxious” to see what Bergenheim can accomplish with two years remaining on his contract.
After beginning his career with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Bergenheim completed one season with Florida in 2011-12, scoring 17 goals and 23 points in 62 games.
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 27
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 52
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)