Sep 1, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
Last season was rough for Sean Bergenheim, as an injury kept him on the shelf for all of 2013. It also could have estranged him from the Florida Panthers because he sued the team regarding his salary that season – the team contested that he was injured playing overseas during the lockout – but the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that it’s treated as water under the bridge.
“I’ve talked to coaches and everybody here,” Bergenheim said. “It’s like nothing has ever happened. I can only control myself. For me, I’m really happy to be here. I have no hard feelings. Business is business. That’s what it is. What I’m gong to do when I get on the ice is I’m going to play as hard as I can for the Florida Panthers. That’s all I really want to do.”
Panthers GM Dale Tallon backed up the 29-year-old’s thoughts, telling the Sun-Sentinel that he’s “anxious” to see what Bergenheim can accomplish with two years remaining on his contract.
After beginning his career with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Bergenheim completed one season with Florida in 2011-12, scoring 17 goals and 23 points in 62 games.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)