Sep 1, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
Last season was rough for Sean Bergenheim, as an injury kept him on the shelf for all of 2013. It also could have estranged him from the Florida Panthers because he sued the team regarding his salary that season – the team contested that he was injured playing overseas during the lockout – but the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that it’s treated as water under the bridge.
“I’ve talked to coaches and everybody here,” Bergenheim said. “It’s like nothing has ever happened. I can only control myself. For me, I’m really happy to be here. I have no hard feelings. Business is business. That’s what it is. What I’m gong to do when I get on the ice is I’m going to play as hard as I can for the Florida Panthers. That’s all I really want to do.”
Panthers GM Dale Tallon backed up the 29-year-old’s thoughts, telling the Sun-Sentinel that he’s “anxious” to see what Bergenheim can accomplish with two years remaining on his contract.
After beginning his career with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Bergenheim completed one season with Florida in 2011-12, scoring 17 goals and 23 points in 62 games.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 22
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)