Sep 1, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
Last season was rough for Sean Bergenheim, as an injury kept him on the shelf for all of 2013. It also could have estranged him from the Florida Panthers because he sued the team regarding his salary that season – the team contested that he was injured playing overseas during the lockout – but the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that it’s treated as water under the bridge.
“I’ve talked to coaches and everybody here,” Bergenheim said. “It’s like nothing has ever happened. I can only control myself. For me, I’m really happy to be here. I have no hard feelings. Business is business. That’s what it is. What I’m gong to do when I get on the ice is I’m going to play as hard as I can for the Florida Panthers. That’s all I really want to do.”
Panthers GM Dale Tallon backed up the 29-year-old’s thoughts, telling the Sun-Sentinel that he’s “anxious” to see what Bergenheim can accomplish with two years remaining on his contract.
After beginning his career with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Bergenheim completed one season with Florida in 2011-12, scoring 17 goals and 23 points in 62 games.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)