Aug 31, 2013, 10:05 AM EST
As part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the NHL held its first rookie orientation camp this past week. NHL.com provides video of the proceedings:
It’s likely there was plenty of advice doled out during the sessions, but here’s a guess at what lessons were handed out (or should’ve been shared).
- Don’t get too angry buying dinner for the veterans even though you’re on an entry-level contract.
- Speaking of spending money, think twice before investing in a “no-brainer.”
- Be careful on Twitter.
- Really, stay away from Twitter altogether.
Anyway, it’s a great idea between the NHL and NHLPA, as teenagers aren’t always well-prepared for a life of professional sports.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 1
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 27
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)