Aug 31, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
As part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the NHL held its first rookie orientation camp this past week. NHL.com provides video of the proceedings:
It’s likely there was plenty of advice doled out during the sessions, but here’s a guess at what lessons were handed out (or should’ve been shared).
- Don’t get too angry buying dinner for the veterans even though you’re on an entry-level contract.
- Speaking of spending money, think twice before investing in a “no-brainer.”
- Be careful on Twitter.
- Really, stay away from Twitter altogether.
Anyway, it’s a great idea between the NHL and NHLPA, as teenagers aren’t always well-prepared for a life of professional sports.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 2
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)