Aug 31, 2013, 10:05 AM EST
As part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the NHL held its first rookie orientation camp this past week. NHL.com provides video of the proceedings:
It’s likely there was plenty of advice doled out during the sessions, but here’s a guess at what lessons were handed out (or should’ve been shared).
- Don’t get too angry buying dinner for the veterans even though you’re on an entry-level contract.
- Speaking of spending money, think twice before investing in a “no-brainer.”
- Be careful on Twitter.
- Really, stay away from Twitter altogether.
Anyway, it’s a great idea between the NHL and NHLPA, as teenagers aren’t always well-prepared for a life of professional sports.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (73)