Aug 31, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
As part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the NHL held its first rookie orientation camp this past week. NHL.com provides video of the proceedings:
It’s likely there was plenty of advice doled out during the sessions, but here’s a guess at what lessons were handed out (or should’ve been shared).
- Don’t get too angry buying dinner for the veterans even though you’re on an entry-level contract.
- Speaking of spending money, think twice before investing in a “no-brainer.”
- Be careful on Twitter.
- Really, stay away from Twitter altogether.
Anyway, it’s a great idea between the NHL and NHLPA, as teenagers aren’t always well-prepared for a life of professional sports.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22