Aug 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Training camp hasn’t started, and already Devin Setoguchi is leaving a good impression on his new Winnipeg Jets teammates.
As reported by the Winnipeg Free Press, Setoguchi was part of a skate with Zach Bogosian and Mark Stuart on Friday. His skills – particularly his shot – were a source of conversation with the Jets’ defensemen.
“Yeah, he’s fun to watch,” Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“Just his shot, you can tell he’s a goal-scorer. I’m excited to have his offence.”
The 26-year-old Setoguchi was acquired by the Jets in a trade with the Minnesota Wild in July. He spent the past two seasons with the Wild, scoring 13 goals and 27 points in 48 regular season games during the lockout-shortened campaign.
He has one year remaining on a three-year contract that pays him a total of $9 million, and is an annual cap hit of $3 million.
Setoguchi is previously a first-round, eighth overall pick of the San Jose Sharks from the 2005 NHL Draft.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)