Setoguchi ‘fun to watch’ says Jets teammate

Aug 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT

Minnesota Wild v Colorado Avalanche Getty Images

Training camp hasn’t started, and already Devin Setoguchi is leaving a good impression on his new Winnipeg Jets teammates.

As reported by the Winnipeg Free Press, Setoguchi was part of a skate with Zach Bogosian and Mark Stuart on Friday. His skills – particularly his shot – were a source of conversation with the Jets’ defensemen.

“Yeah, he’s fun to watch,” Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press.

“Just his shot, you can tell he’s a goal-scorer. I’m excited to have his offence.”

The 26-year-old Setoguchi was acquired by the Jets in a trade with the Minnesota Wild in July. He spent the past two seasons with the Wild, scoring 13 goals and 27 points in 48 regular season games during the lockout-shortened campaign.

He has one year remaining on a three-year contract that pays him a total of $9 million, and is an annual cap hit of $3 million.

Setoguchi is previously a first-round, eighth overall pick of the San Jose Sharks from the 2005 NHL Draft.

1. tlow97 - Aug 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM

See how fun he is when he goes on a 35 game stretch without scoring a goal.

• nolockoutpricks - Aug 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM

that’s what i was thinking. if he wasn’t such a head case he has tons of skill

• brentphillip - Sep 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I must give my thanks to Ashley, who posted here last week comment about system she uses to earn online… I’ve got my FIRST check total of 550 dollars, pretty cool.!
      I am so exicted, this is the first time i actually earned something.

2. credible316 - Aug 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM

As a Wild fan, I was bummed to hear that he got traded. Best of luck Guch!!

• lordfletcher - Aug 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Why?

Good value trade for a very inconsistent forward…. Fair deal for both clubs but I’d rather see zucker / nino play

• credible316 - Sep 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Because he was a good player. He was/is getting more gritty and physical and can score. I’m not saying he’s a first line guy and he should never had been. He’s a solid second liner and I think he will go on to be more successful. I just think we gave up on him too early, but I guess that’s why I’m behind the keyboard and not behind the GM desk.

• lordfletcher - Sep 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM

so if the Wild gave up on him too early, what did San Jose do then???

or maybe, both teams were smart for shipping him because he didn’t help the club win as much as other assets may in the future.

Seto is what he is, nothing special. He would be a great 3rd line winger on a great team… 2nd liner on an average club.

glad he was traded.

• brentphillip - Sep 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I’ve got my FIRST check total of 550 dollars, pretty cool.! I am so exicted, this is the first time i actually earned something. I am going to work even harder new and i can’t wait for next week payment. You can try it for yourself…>>>> ℬAℛ17.Ⅽ­OⅯ

3. ashtongronholz8 - Sep 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Do u watch hockey? Not many head cases that’s why I love the sport. He’s a decent player just didn’t live up minny. Best of luck not holding anything against you

• nolockoutpricks - Sep 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM

ya i watched all the games. the best parts of his game was after when he would go on twitter and ask all the wild fans to be patient and that hes trying his hardest.get over it and stop crying

Top 10 NHL Player Searches