Aug 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Training camp hasn’t started, and already Devin Setoguchi is leaving a good impression on his new Winnipeg Jets teammates.
As reported by the Winnipeg Free Press, Setoguchi was part of a skate with Zach Bogosian and Mark Stuart on Friday. His skills – particularly his shot – were a source of conversation with the Jets’ defensemen.
“Yeah, he’s fun to watch,” Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“Just his shot, you can tell he’s a goal-scorer. I’m excited to have his offence.”
The 26-year-old Setoguchi was acquired by the Jets in a trade with the Minnesota Wild in July. He spent the past two seasons with the Wild, scoring 13 goals and 27 points in 48 regular season games during the lockout-shortened campaign.
He has one year remaining on a three-year contract that pays him a total of $9 million, and is an annual cap hit of $3 million.
Setoguchi is previously a first-round, eighth overall pick of the San Jose Sharks from the 2005 NHL Draft.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)