Aug 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Training camp hasn’t started, and already Devin Setoguchi is leaving a good impression on his new Winnipeg Jets teammates.
As reported by the Winnipeg Free Press, Setoguchi was part of a skate with Zach Bogosian and Mark Stuart on Friday. His skills – particularly his shot – were a source of conversation with the Jets’ defensemen.
“Yeah, he’s fun to watch,” Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“Just his shot, you can tell he’s a goal-scorer. I’m excited to have his offence.”
The 26-year-old Setoguchi was acquired by the Jets in a trade with the Minnesota Wild in July. He spent the past two seasons with the Wild, scoring 13 goals and 27 points in 48 regular season games during the lockout-shortened campaign.
He has one year remaining on a three-year contract that pays him a total of $9 million, and is an annual cap hit of $3 million.
Setoguchi is previously a first-round, eighth overall pick of the San Jose Sharks from the 2005 NHL Draft.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (109)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (96)