Aug 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Training camp hasn’t started, and already Devin Setoguchi is leaving a good impression on his new Winnipeg Jets teammates.
As reported by the Winnipeg Free Press, Setoguchi was part of a skate with Zach Bogosian and Mark Stuart on Friday. His skills – particularly his shot – were a source of conversation with the Jets’ defensemen.
“Yeah, he’s fun to watch,” Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“Just his shot, you can tell he’s a goal-scorer. I’m excited to have his offence.”
The 26-year-old Setoguchi was acquired by the Jets in a trade with the Minnesota Wild in July. He spent the past two seasons with the Wild, scoring 13 goals and 27 points in 48 regular season games during the lockout-shortened campaign.
He has one year remaining on a three-year contract that pays him a total of $9 million, and is an annual cap hit of $3 million.
Setoguchi is previously a first-round, eighth overall pick of the San Jose Sharks from the 2005 NHL Draft.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)