Aug 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Training camp hasn’t started, and already Devin Setoguchi is leaving a good impression on his new Winnipeg Jets teammates.
As reported by the Winnipeg Free Press, Setoguchi was part of a skate with Zach Bogosian and Mark Stuart on Friday. His skills – particularly his shot – were a source of conversation with the Jets’ defensemen.
“Yeah, he’s fun to watch,” Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“Just his shot, you can tell he’s a goal-scorer. I’m excited to have his offence.”
The 26-year-old Setoguchi was acquired by the Jets in a trade with the Minnesota Wild in July. He spent the past two seasons with the Wild, scoring 13 goals and 27 points in 48 regular season games during the lockout-shortened campaign.
He has one year remaining on a three-year contract that pays him a total of $9 million, and is an annual cap hit of $3 million.
Setoguchi is previously a first-round, eighth overall pick of the San Jose Sharks from the 2005 NHL Draft.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)