Aug 31, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins drafted the 24-year-old forward in the fourth round (111th overall) of the 2007 draft. He went on to play nine games for Pittsburgh between two seasons before moving on to the Toronto Maple Leafs, where he played in 26 contests between two campaigns.
His last bit of NHL action came with Toronto in 2010-11, where he failed to score a point in seven contests.
The 2012-13 campaign was a tumultuous one for Caputi. He played 39 games for the Syracuse Crunch and 35 with the Norfolk Admirals in the AHL and 15 games for the Fort Wayne Komets in the ECHL.
Perhaps moving overseas will help him get a more stable gig. Then again, at 24, he might even find his game enough to eventually stick with an NHL team in the future.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17