Aug 31, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins drafted the 24-year-old forward in the fourth round (111th overall) of the 2007 draft. He went on to play nine games for Pittsburgh between two seasons before moving on to the Toronto Maple Leafs, where he played in 26 contests between two campaigns.
His last bit of NHL action came with Toronto in 2010-11, where he failed to score a point in seven contests.
The 2012-13 campaign was a tumultuous one for Caputi. He played 39 games for the Syracuse Crunch and 35 with the Norfolk Admirals in the AHL and 15 games for the Fort Wayne Komets in the ECHL.
Perhaps moving overseas will help him get a more stable gig. Then again, at 24, he might even find his game enough to eventually stick with an NHL team in the future.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)