Aug 31, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins drafted the 24-year-old forward in the fourth round (111th overall) of the 2007 draft. He went on to play nine games for Pittsburgh between two seasons before moving on to the Toronto Maple Leafs, where he played in 26 contests between two campaigns.
His last bit of NHL action came with Toronto in 2010-11, where he failed to score a point in seven contests.
The 2012-13 campaign was a tumultuous one for Caputi. He played 39 games for the Syracuse Crunch and 35 with the Norfolk Admirals in the AHL and 15 games for the Fort Wayne Komets in the ECHL.
Perhaps moving overseas will help him get a more stable gig. Then again, at 24, he might even find his game enough to eventually stick with an NHL team in the future.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (111)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)