Aug 31, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Fact is that some people may go their whole lives without such an event with Hockey’s Holy Grail.
Then came the photo of little Carter Seven Seabrook, born only on Aug. 16 and the son of Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook and his wife Dayna, actually sitting inside the cup of the Stanley Cup on Friday.
Seabrook had his day with the Stanley Cup, touring it around his home town of Tsawwassen, B.C., and then to Kelowna, about a four-hour drive northeast of Vancouver.
The photo of the young couple’s son sitting in Lord Stanley’s mug naturally found its way on to Twitter, by way of the account @keeperofthecup.
The middle name, Seven, garnered a large reaction on social media, mostly because of its prominence in a Seinfeld episode, when the character George Costanza wanted that name for his kid.
Brent Seabrook wears the No. 7 for Chicago. The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup thanks to a thrilling and improbable late third-period comeback against the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of the final in June.
It’s the second Stanley Cup of Seabrook’s career.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)