Aug 31, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Fact is that some people may go their whole lives without such an event with Hockey’s Holy Grail.
Then came the photo of little Carter Seven Seabrook, born only on Aug. 16 and the son of Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook and his wife Dayna, actually sitting inside the cup of the Stanley Cup on Friday.
Seabrook had his day with the Stanley Cup, touring it around his home town of Tsawwassen, B.C., and then to Kelowna, about a four-hour drive northeast of Vancouver.
The photo of the young couple’s son sitting in Lord Stanley’s mug naturally found its way on to Twitter, by way of the account @keeperofthecup.
The middle name, Seven, garnered a large reaction on social media, mostly because of its prominence in a Seinfeld episode, when the character George Costanza wanted that name for his kid.
Brent Seabrook wears the No. 7 for Chicago. The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup thanks to a thrilling and improbable late third-period comeback against the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of the final in June.
It’s the second Stanley Cup of Seabrook’s career.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 0
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 25
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)