Aug 31, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Fact is that some people may go their whole lives without such an event with Hockey’s Holy Grail.
Then came the photo of little Carter Seven Seabrook, born only on Aug. 16 and the son of Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook and his wife Dayna, actually sitting inside the cup of the Stanley Cup on Friday.
Seabrook had his day with the Stanley Cup, touring it around his home town of Tsawwassen, B.C., and then to Kelowna, about a four-hour drive northeast of Vancouver.
The photo of the young couple’s son sitting in Lord Stanley’s mug naturally found its way on to Twitter, by way of the account @keeperofthecup.
The middle name, Seven, garnered a large reaction on social media, mostly because of its prominence in a Seinfeld episode, when the character George Costanza wanted that name for his kid.
Brent Seabrook wears the No. 7 for Chicago. The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup thanks to a thrilling and improbable late third-period comeback against the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of the final in June.
It’s the second Stanley Cup of Seabrook’s career.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)