Aug 31, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Fact is that some people may go their whole lives without such an event with Hockey’s Holy Grail.
Then came the photo of little Carter Seven Seabrook, born only on Aug. 16 and the son of Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook and his wife Dayna, actually sitting inside the cup of the Stanley Cup on Friday.
Seabrook had his day with the Stanley Cup, touring it around his home town of Tsawwassen, B.C., and then to Kelowna, about a four-hour drive northeast of Vancouver.
The photo of the young couple’s son sitting in Lord Stanley’s mug naturally found its way on to Twitter, by way of the account @keeperofthecup.
The middle name, Seven, garnered a large reaction on social media, mostly because of its prominence in a Seinfeld episode, when the character George Costanza wanted that name for his kid.
Brent Seabrook wears the No. 7 for Chicago. The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup thanks to a thrilling and improbable late third-period comeback against the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of the final in June.
It’s the second Stanley Cup of Seabrook’s career.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 12
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)