Aug 30, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Update: Apparently the Ottawa Citizen was re-invited to the show, so PHT will put something together on it once a review sprouts up on Saturday.
You know what they say: athletes want to be musicians/actors/etc. and vice versa. Ideally, these urges manifest themselves in the funniest ways possible, which can be seen most notably in Shaq’s off-the-court ventures.
It remains to be seen if Mika Zibanejad‘s work will lean more toward Carl Lewis or the late Wayman Tisdale, but either way, the Ottawa Senators prospect is nervously anticipating his DJ session at 11:30 p.m. ET on Friday.
The 20-year-old admitted as much to the Ottawa Citizen.
“I think if you’re not nervous, you’re not excited for it,” Zibanejad says. “It will be more nerve-racking once I stand there and people are watching. Right now, I am just trying to calm myself down and save the stress and nerves for later.”
As the flyer he posted on his Twitter page can attest, he’s going by Z-Bad.
A few notes:
- “Pour it up” seems like a strange request. Is this some sort of anti-gravity bar?
- Z-Bad isn’t the worst DJ name imaginable, but let’s throw out a few other ideas. He could play on his last name and number (Z-93) or the challenges that come with spelling his last name (Copy-Paste). Feel free to come up with much better ideas in the comments.
- Far beyond comic/ribbing from teammate potential, the best thing to come from this is that it will benefit the Ottawa Boys & Girls Club.
- Sadly, the Ottawa Citizen won’t be around to review his set, so hopefully others will be on the scene.
- It’s unlikely we’ll see future Z-Bad sessions soon, as he told the Citizen that he probably won’t perform during the season.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)