Aug 30, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Update: Apparently the Ottawa Citizen was re-invited to the show, so PHT will put something together on it once a review sprouts up on Saturday.
You know what they say: athletes want to be musicians/actors/etc. and vice versa. Ideally, these urges manifest themselves in the funniest ways possible, which can be seen most notably in Shaq’s off-the-court ventures.
It remains to be seen if Mika Zibanejad‘s work will lean more toward Carl Lewis or the late Wayman Tisdale, but either way, the Ottawa Senators prospect is nervously anticipating his DJ session at 11:30 p.m. ET on Friday.
The 20-year-old admitted as much to the Ottawa Citizen.
“I think if you’re not nervous, you’re not excited for it,” Zibanejad says. “It will be more nerve-racking once I stand there and people are watching. Right now, I am just trying to calm myself down and save the stress and nerves for later.”
As the flyer he posted on his Twitter page can attest, he’s going by Z-Bad.
A few notes:
- “Pour it up” seems like a strange request. Is this some sort of anti-gravity bar?
- Z-Bad isn’t the worst DJ name imaginable, but let’s throw out a few other ideas. He could play on his last name and number (Z-93) or the challenges that come with spelling his last name (Copy-Paste). Feel free to come up with much better ideas in the comments.
- Far beyond comic/ribbing from teammate potential, the best thing to come from this is that it will benefit the Ottawa Boys & Girls Club.
- Sadly, the Ottawa Citizen won’t be around to review his set, so hopefully others will be on the scene.
- It’s unlikely we’ll see future Z-Bad sessions soon, as he told the Citizen that he probably won’t perform during the season.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)