Aug 30, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Update: Apparently the Ottawa Citizen was re-invited to the show, so PHT will put something together on it once a review sprouts up on Saturday.
You know what they say: athletes want to be musicians/actors/etc. and vice versa. Ideally, these urges manifest themselves in the funniest ways possible, which can be seen most notably in Shaq’s off-the-court ventures.
It remains to be seen if Mika Zibanejad‘s work will lean more toward Carl Lewis or the late Wayman Tisdale, but either way, the Ottawa Senators prospect is nervously anticipating his DJ session at 11:30 p.m. ET on Friday.
The 20-year-old admitted as much to the Ottawa Citizen.
“I think if you’re not nervous, you’re not excited for it,” Zibanejad says. “It will be more nerve-racking once I stand there and people are watching. Right now, I am just trying to calm myself down and save the stress and nerves for later.”
As the flyer he posted on his Twitter page can attest, he’s going by Z-Bad.
A few notes:
- “Pour it up” seems like a strange request. Is this some sort of anti-gravity bar?
- Z-Bad isn’t the worst DJ name imaginable, but let’s throw out a few other ideas. He could play on his last name and number (Z-93) or the challenges that come with spelling his last name (Copy-Paste). Feel free to come up with much better ideas in the comments.
- Far beyond comic/ribbing from teammate potential, the best thing to come from this is that it will benefit the Ottawa Boys & Girls Club.
- Sadly, the Ottawa Citizen won’t be around to review his set, so hopefully others will be on the scene.
- It’s unlikely we’ll see future Z-Bad sessions soon, as he told the Citizen that he probably won’t perform during the season.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 59
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 34
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)