Aug 30, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Update: Apparently the Ottawa Citizen was re-invited to the show, so PHT will put something together on it once a review sprouts up on Saturday.
You know what they say: athletes want to be musicians/actors/etc. and vice versa. Ideally, these urges manifest themselves in the funniest ways possible, which can be seen most notably in Shaq’s off-the-court ventures.
It remains to be seen if Mika Zibanejad‘s work will lean more toward Carl Lewis or the late Wayman Tisdale, but either way, the Ottawa Senators prospect is nervously anticipating his DJ session at 11:30 p.m. ET on Friday.
The 20-year-old admitted as much to the Ottawa Citizen.
“I think if you’re not nervous, you’re not excited for it,” Zibanejad says. “It will be more nerve-racking once I stand there and people are watching. Right now, I am just trying to calm myself down and save the stress and nerves for later.”
As the flyer he posted on his Twitter page can attest, he’s going by Z-Bad.
A few notes:
- “Pour it up” seems like a strange request. Is this some sort of anti-gravity bar?
- Z-Bad isn’t the worst DJ name imaginable, but let’s throw out a few other ideas. He could play on his last name and number (Z-93) or the challenges that come with spelling his last name (Copy-Paste). Feel free to come up with much better ideas in the comments.
- Far beyond comic/ribbing from teammate potential, the best thing to come from this is that it will benefit the Ottawa Boys & Girls Club.
- Sadly, the Ottawa Citizen won’t be around to review his set, so hopefully others will be on the scene.
- It’s unlikely we’ll see future Z-Bad sessions soon, as he told the Citizen that he probably won’t perform during the season.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 26
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)