Aug 30, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
NHL.com kindly shared the top 50 player ratings for EA Sports’ upcoming NHL 14 title on Friday, so that naturally opens the door for outrage and excitement.
Obviously, the first few guys represent familiar faces, with Sidney Crosby and Pavel Datsyuk tied for the highest (active) player ratings at 95 each. Here’s a screenshot of each players ratings, so you can dispute someone’s speed or hand-eye coordination in the comments:
In a move that shouldn’t upset many, Zdeno Chara was pegged as the top-rated defenseman at 94.
It’s pretty tough to quibble with those choices. Still, there are a few surprises and worthy notes, such as:
- To the chagrin of the Nashville Predators, Ryan Suter carries the same 92-rating as Shea Weber.
- Marian Gaborik‘s 90 trumps many players who had better 2013 seasons, including John Tavares and Patrice Bergeron (both are 89’s). Of course, you can turn off groin injuries in video games.
- Brent Seabrook‘s 89 bests Patrick Kane‘s 88. Call it the power of Seven.
- The 88 rating presents some surprises. The last two Norris Trophy winners (P.K. Subban and Erik Karlsson) carry that rating while Jamie Benn, Jakub Voracek and Dustin Byfuglien also fall in that range. All are strong players, but those marks could cause some debate.
Anyway, more fun can be found at NHL.com, and we’ll keep an eye out for some divisive ratings when the game hits North America on Sept. 10 (and worldwide on Sept. 13).
Sep 4, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He’s wise to be patient with Carey Price cemented in the No. 1 spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
They previously visited Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Daniel Paille still looks for work.
Sep 4, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s reportedly worth $950K.
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Friday’s interesting tidbits in one spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
His critics get one fewer straw to grasp.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly work in the player development department.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Everyone that was at his Hamburg home during the night of the alleged incident, to be exacted.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)