Aug 30, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
We’re finally starting the enter the buildup towards the 2013-14 campaign and one of the first major events along the way will be the rookie camps.
The Boston Bruins’ prospects will start with off-ice testing on Wednesday and then head to Coral Springs, Florida on Thursday for matches against other organizations’ best rookies.
Among those expected to participate for the Bruins is Malcolm Subban. The 19-year-old goaltender has tons of potential and this will be a good early test for him. He is projected to start his pro career in the AHL this season and the door has been left open for him to possibly snatch the backup goaltending gig in Boston as early as 2014-15.
Forwards Ryan Spooner and Jared Knight are two other highly regarded prospects that will be trying to set themselves apart during the camp.
One noteworthy absence from the group is 20-year-old defenseman Joe Morrow, who was traded from Pittsburgh to Dallas and then the Stars to Bruins in a pair of blockbuster deals this year. It’s unclear at this time why he wasn’t included, but it was the team’s decision, according to Kirk Luedeke.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5