Aug 30, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
We’re finally starting the enter the buildup towards the 2013-14 campaign and one of the first major events along the way will be the rookie camps.
The Boston Bruins’ prospects will start with off-ice testing on Wednesday and then head to Coral Springs, Florida on Thursday for matches against other organizations’ best rookies.
Among those expected to participate for the Bruins is Malcolm Subban. The 19-year-old goaltender has tons of potential and this will be a good early test for him. He is projected to start his pro career in the AHL this season and the door has been left open for him to possibly snatch the backup goaltending gig in Boston as early as 2014-15.
Forwards Ryan Spooner and Jared Knight are two other highly regarded prospects that will be trying to set themselves apart during the camp.
One noteworthy absence from the group is 20-year-old defenseman Joe Morrow, who was traded from Pittsburgh to Dallas and then the Stars to Bruins in a pair of blockbuster deals this year. It’s unclear at this time why he wasn’t included, but it was the team’s decision, according to Kirk Luedeke.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21