Aug 30, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
We’re finally starting the enter the buildup towards the 2013-14 campaign and one of the first major events along the way will be the rookie camps.
The Boston Bruins’ prospects will start with off-ice testing on Wednesday and then head to Coral Springs, Florida on Thursday for matches against other organizations’ best rookies.
Among those expected to participate for the Bruins is Malcolm Subban. The 19-year-old goaltender has tons of potential and this will be a good early test for him. He is projected to start his pro career in the AHL this season and the door has been left open for him to possibly snatch the backup goaltending gig in Boston as early as 2014-15.
Forwards Ryan Spooner and Jared Knight are two other highly regarded prospects that will be trying to set themselves apart during the camp.
One noteworthy absence from the group is 20-year-old defenseman Joe Morrow, who was traded from Pittsburgh to Dallas and then the Stars to Bruins in a pair of blockbuster deals this year. It’s unclear at this time why he wasn’t included, but it was the team’s decision, according to Kirk Luedeke.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 0
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)