Aug 30, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
We’re finally starting the enter the buildup towards the 2013-14 campaign and one of the first major events along the way will be the rookie camps.
The Boston Bruins’ prospects will start with off-ice testing on Wednesday and then head to Coral Springs, Florida on Thursday for matches against other organizations’ best rookies.
Among those expected to participate for the Bruins is Malcolm Subban. The 19-year-old goaltender has tons of potential and this will be a good early test for him. He is projected to start his pro career in the AHL this season and the door has been left open for him to possibly snatch the backup goaltending gig in Boston as early as 2014-15.
Forwards Ryan Spooner and Jared Knight are two other highly regarded prospects that will be trying to set themselves apart during the camp.
One noteworthy absence from the group is 20-year-old defenseman Joe Morrow, who was traded from Pittsburgh to Dallas and then the Stars to Bruins in a pair of blockbuster deals this year. It’s unclear at this time why he wasn’t included, but it was the team’s decision, according to Kirk Luedeke.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)