Aug 29, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Filppula went for a final pre-training camp skate in Detroit before heading to Florida with his old Wings teammates and Niklas Kronwall tells Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press he’s going to miss his buddy Filppula.
“You lose some friends each and every year, but it’s just how it goes. Fil, I’m going to miss him. We spent a lot of time together over these seven years. I’d say, 90% of the time we’re on the road, we go to dinner together. We’ve just spent a lot of time together. So I’ll miss having him around.”
It’s like having the credits roll at the end of a buddy comedy.
When it comes to hockey, however, the Red Wings were able to replace Filppula just fine after signing former Panthers center Stephen
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 14
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46