Aug 29, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
Filppula went for a final pre-training camp skate in Detroit before heading to Florida with his old Wings teammates and Niklas Kronwall tells Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press he’s going to miss his buddy Filppula.
“You lose some friends each and every year, but it’s just how it goes. Fil, I’m going to miss him. We spent a lot of time together over these seven years. I’d say, 90% of the time we’re on the road, we go to dinner together. We’ve just spent a lot of time together. So I’ll miss having him around.”
It’s like having the credits roll at the end of a buddy comedy.
When it comes to hockey, however, the Red Wings were able to replace Filppula just fine after signing former Panthers center Stephen
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22