Aug 29, 2013, 11:59 PM EST
Philadelphia has re-signed defenseman Brandon Manning to a one-year, two-way deal, the club announced on Thursday.
Manning, 23, has appeared in 10 games for the Flyers over the last two seasons, averaging 14:22 time on ice per game.
An undrafted free agent out of WHL Chilliwack that signed as a free agent with Philly in 2011, Manning is coming off a stellar campaign with AHL Adirondack in 2013 — he had six goals and 21 points in 65 games with the Phantoms, serving as the team’s alternate captain while earning a spot on the league’s All-Star team.
Manning will challenge for a spot on the Flyers’ blueline next season, but will be hard-pressed for ice time. Kimmo Timonen, Mark Streit, Braydon Coburn, Andrej Meszaros, Luke Schenn and Nicklas Grossmann are penciled in for spots one through six, while Erik Gustafsson, Bruno Gervais and Marc-Andre Bourdon will also challenge for time.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)