Aug 29, 2013, 11:59 PM EST
Philadelphia has re-signed defenseman Brandon Manning to a one-year, two-way deal, the club announced on Thursday.
Manning, 23, has appeared in 10 games for the Flyers over the last two seasons, averaging 14:22 time on ice per game.
An undrafted free agent out of WHL Chilliwack that signed as a free agent with Philly in 2011, Manning is coming off a stellar campaign with AHL Adirondack in 2013 — he had six goals and 21 points in 65 games with the Phantoms, serving as the team’s alternate captain while earning a spot on the league’s All-Star team.
Manning will challenge for a spot on the Flyers’ blueline next season, but will be hard-pressed for ice time. Kimmo Timonen, Mark Streit, Braydon Coburn, Andrej Meszaros, Luke Schenn and Nicklas Grossmann are penciled in for spots one through six, while Erik Gustafsson, Bruno Gervais and Marc-Andre Bourdon will also challenge for time.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)