Aug 29, 2013, 11:59 PM EDT
Philadelphia has re-signed defenseman Brandon Manning to a one-year, two-way deal, the club announced on Thursday.
Manning, 23, has appeared in 10 games for the Flyers over the last two seasons, averaging 14:22 time on ice per game.
An undrafted free agent out of WHL Chilliwack that signed as a free agent with Philly in 2011, Manning is coming off a stellar campaign with AHL Adirondack in 2013 — he had six goals and 21 points in 65 games with the Phantoms, serving as the team’s alternate captain while earning a spot on the league’s All-Star team.
Manning will challenge for a spot on the Flyers’ blueline next season, but will be hard-pressed for ice time. Kimmo Timonen, Mark Streit, Braydon Coburn, Andrej Meszaros, Luke Schenn and Nicklas Grossmann are penciled in for spots one through six, while Erik Gustafsson, Bruno Gervais and Marc-Andre Bourdon will also challenge for time.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)