Aug 29, 2013, 11:59 PM EDT
Philadelphia has re-signed defenseman Brandon Manning to a one-year, two-way deal, the club announced on Thursday.
Manning, 23, has appeared in 10 games for the Flyers over the last two seasons, averaging 14:22 time on ice per game.
An undrafted free agent out of WHL Chilliwack that signed as a free agent with Philly in 2011, Manning is coming off a stellar campaign with AHL Adirondack in 2013 — he had six goals and 21 points in 65 games with the Phantoms, serving as the team’s alternate captain while earning a spot on the league’s All-Star team.
Manning will challenge for a spot on the Flyers’ blueline next season, but will be hard-pressed for ice time. Kimmo Timonen, Mark Streit, Braydon Coburn, Andrej Meszaros, Luke Schenn and Nicklas Grossmann are penciled in for spots one through six, while Erik Gustafsson, Bruno Gervais and Marc-Andre Bourdon will also challenge for time.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 19
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 9
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 40
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)