Aug 29, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
There’s no point in fixing something that’s not broken and that’s just what the Bruins are doing.
The team announced they’ve signed general manager Peter Chiarelli to a four-year extension to stay with the organization through the 2017-18 season. He’ll also be the team’s Alternate Governor.
Since Chiarelli took over as GM of the Bruins back in 2006, they’ve made the playoffs in six straight seasons including winning the Stanley Cup in 2011, the team’s first since 1972. Getting a team to the postseason in six of your seven seasons at the helm sounds like a success to me.
He’s spent this summer finding ways to re-work the Bruins roster by shipping out Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley for Loui Eriksson and signing Jarome Iginla. His time in Boston has seen its share of ups (Cup win) and downs (Tim Thomas and Marc Savard for very different reasons) but the Bruins have yet to crumble under the drama. That says a lot for the job both he and coach Claude Julien have done there.
Chiarelli has done well enough in his job with the Bruins to earn a spot on Team Canada’s executive staff to choose the 2014 Olympic team serving under Lightning GM Steve Yzerman.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
They’ll face off against Canada and Russia at a tournament in Toronto next week.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Acquired last season in exchange for Krys Barch.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
“We’re moving along on that.”
Jul 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
“We haven’t approached it in that respect.”
Jul 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
This time, it features just one plaintiff — former Bruin Jon Rohloff.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Alternate captain notched a career-high in goals last year.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
“Usually this isn’t the time to fight for the big contract.”
Jul 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Jim Hiller is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Todd McLellan, Paul MacLean, and Bill Peters.
Jul 30, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Finnish club is moving to the KHL next season.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Arbitration hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
After not giving him a qualifying offer.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
That’s Lacroix, when he was an assistant for Tampa Bay.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Jim Hiller and Andrew Brewer join Tony Granato, who’s also new.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Jul 30, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Will this all get settled before Friday’s hearing?
Jul 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Tell us how you really feel, Brad.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Kings captain meets Rangers fan. Hi-jinx ensue.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
From 64 (mercurial) to 10 (gritty!)
Jul 29, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Now battling Bon Jovi and Donald Trump!
Jul 29, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
“This has been a difficult decision for Kevin.”
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)