Aug 28, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
Nazem Kadri admits his lack of a new deal with Toronto is starting to weigh on him.
“You want to be with the team, especially with all the guys starting to come back,” he told Sportsnet on Wednesday. “It’s a little frustrating, you know, the closer it comes [to training camp beginning] but I’m staying patient and don’t have much to worry about.”
Kadri refused to say whether he was looking for a short- or long-term deal, saying only that the offer tabled was “reasonable.” He also seemed to indicate the ball was in Toronto’s court as far as moving forward with negotiations.
“It’s really up to them what they want to do with my future,” he explained.
Toronto has just under $5 million in available cap space for next season with Kadri and RFA defenseman Cody Franson still unsigned. Last week, fellow RFA Adam Henrique inked a six-year, $24 million extension with New Jersey, and that was widely considered to be a comparable to Kadri’s deal. Kadri has 63 points in 99 NHL contests; Henrique has 67 in 117.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
So. Many. Injuries.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
“Felt like we could have had five,” said Joe Pavelski.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Won’t face Dallas on Saturday.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
They blew away the Avs by six goals last night.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Tough times for the Swiss forward.
Dec 6, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Could be the plan.
Dec 6, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
Captain John Tavares says they’re not earning wins, but the veteran goalie has a different theory.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
He led New York to a 3-1 victory over Buffalo.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Friday’s collection of links.
Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 AM EST
No timetable for return.
Dec 6, 2013, 2:15 AM EST
Patrick Roy should know how this feels.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:35 AM EST
Bottom of the Metropolitan Division.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:02 AM EST
Triumph in the face of adversity.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
Bad night for Colorado.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:14 AM EST
Still trying to find consistency.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:48 PM EST
Right to the point.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 PM EST
Pacioretty says he feels ‘awful’ for Boychuk incident.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
Expectation is that he’ll be OK.
Dec 5, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
They can thank their goalie for two points.
Dec 5, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
Tough night for defensemen across NHL.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)