Aug 28, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
Nazem Kadri admits his lack of a new deal with Toronto is starting to weigh on him.
“You want to be with the team, especially with all the guys starting to come back,” he told Sportsnet on Wednesday. “It’s a little frustrating, you know, the closer it comes [to training camp beginning] but I’m staying patient and don’t have much to worry about.”
Kadri refused to say whether he was looking for a short- or long-term deal, saying only that the offer tabled was “reasonable.” He also seemed to indicate the ball was in Toronto’s court as far as moving forward with negotiations.
“It’s really up to them what they want to do with my future,” he explained.
Toronto has just under $5 million in available cap space for next season with Kadri and RFA defenseman Cody Franson still unsigned. Last week, fellow RFA Adam Henrique inked a six-year, $24 million extension with New Jersey, and that was widely considered to be a comparable to Kadri’s deal. Kadri has 63 points in 99 NHL contests; Henrique has 67 in 117.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)