Aug 28, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Steve Begin made a return to the NHL last season with the Calgary Flames and now he’ll be looking to stick around with them in the minor leagues.
Begin’s return to the NHL after a season out of hockey saw him suit up in 36 games for Calgary scoring four goals and adding four assists. He also had 22 penalty minutes.
A veteran of over 500 games in the league over his 13 seasons, Begin’s been a consistent third or fourth line player. He’ll now look to bestow his knowledge on the prospects in Calgary’s system.
Bancks, meanwhile, played two games with the Flames last season and the past four seasons with Abbotsford.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)