Aug 28, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Steve Begin made a return to the NHL last season with the Calgary Flames and now he’ll be looking to stick around with them in the minor leagues.
Begin’s return to the NHL after a season out of hockey saw him suit up in 36 games for Calgary scoring four goals and adding four assists. He also had 22 penalty minutes.
A veteran of over 500 games in the league over his 13 seasons, Begin’s been a consistent third or fourth line player. He’ll now look to bestow his knowledge on the prospects in Calgary’s system.
Bancks, meanwhile, played two games with the Flames last season and the past four seasons with Abbotsford.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)