Aug 28, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Steve Begin made a return to the NHL last season with the Calgary Flames and now he’ll be looking to stick around with them in the minor leagues.
Begin’s return to the NHL after a season out of hockey saw him suit up in 36 games for Calgary scoring four goals and adding four assists. He also had 22 penalty minutes.
A veteran of over 500 games in the league over his 13 seasons, Begin’s been a consistent third or fourth line player. He’ll now look to bestow his knowledge on the prospects in Calgary’s system.
Bancks, meanwhile, played two games with the Flames last season and the past four seasons with Abbotsford.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)