Aug 28, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Steve Begin made a return to the NHL last season with the Calgary Flames and now he’ll be looking to stick around with them in the minor leagues.
Begin’s return to the NHL after a season out of hockey saw him suit up in 36 games for Calgary scoring four goals and adding four assists. He also had 22 penalty minutes.
A veteran of over 500 games in the league over his 13 seasons, Begin’s been a consistent third or fourth line player. He’ll now look to bestow his knowledge on the prospects in Calgary’s system.
Bancks, meanwhile, played two games with the Flames last season and the past four seasons with Abbotsford.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 53
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)